Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

HP Prime Projects

Started by alexgt, April 17, 2015, 06:36:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unicorn

I'll look forward to playing this, and many other things if I get a prime. :P also, if you are going to include teams, be sure to make them acurate,and name the game with 2015 in it or something.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on June 07, 2015, 11:58:40 PM
Cool. You should make graphics like ice hockey
Do you mean with actual people sprites and stuff that could work but I would have to implement them facing the puck and that would be hard I would think :(

Quote from: Unicorn on June 08, 2015, 07:53:10 AM
I'll look forward to playing this, and many other things if I get a prime. :P also, if you are going to include teams, be sure to make them acurate,and name the game with 2015 in it or something.
Thanks, as teams do you mean more than one player per side? That wouldn't work because the Prime can only handle two MOUSE() events at a time sadly :-|
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Unicorn

Well no, I guess Iwas thinking of an AI, and then choosing an actual team in theNHL to play as. But, The ai part would be pretty hard to code
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

Yeah, I think I will stick to regular Air Hockey and just make a really refined version :). But in the future we could make a foosball game.

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: alexgt on June 08, 2015, 12:43:07 PM
Do you mean with actual people sprites and stuff that could work but I would have to implement them facing the puck and that would be hard I would think :(

Thanks, as teams do you mean more than one player per side? That wouldn't work because the Prime can only handle two MOUSE() events at a time sadly :-|
Not necessarily player sprites, but at least make the ice white or light blue and the goals red, like in real life.

Quote from: alexgt on June 08, 2015, 08:18:53 PM
Yeah, I think I will stick to regular Air Hockey and just make a really refined version :). But in the future we could make a foosball game.

That might be hard to play on a touchscreen or keypad, though  O.O
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

timwessman

Quote from: alexgt on April 24, 2015, 08:45:47 PM
Where could I contact him? And it is mostly I found when you go to the font color menu, change color, then go to the back round color and it doesn't like it very much :-(

timwessman at  hp   com for email.

Would definitely be interested. I have a hard time following here since I just don't understand the layout of things basically. Must be too old at 32. :banghead:

Anyway, had fun playing your game and showed it to my old boss. She is a huge air hockey aficionado (though I would win about 75% of the time any time we played) :-)
TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group, the comments and opinions I post here are my own.

alexgt

Quote from: timwessman on June 12, 2015, 02:53:31 PM
Where could I contact him? And it is mostly I found when you go to the font color menu, change color, then go to the back round color and it doesn't like it very much :-(

timwessman at  hp   com for email.
Ok thanks :)

Would definitely be interested. I have a hard time following here since I just don't understand the layout of things basically. Must be too old at 32. :banghead:

Anyway, had fun playing your game and showed it to my old boss. She is a huge air hockey aficionado (though I would win about 75% of the time any time we played) :-)
Awesome! Glad you like it :). After I get back next week I will start on the new Air Hockey game!

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on June 11, 2015, 07:54:32 PM
Quote from: alexgt on June 08, 2015, 12:43:07 PM

Not necessarily player sprites, but at least make the ice white or light blue and the goals red, like in real life.

Quote from: alexgt on June 08, 2015, 08:18:53 PM
That might be hard to play on a touchscreen or keypad, though  O.O
Yeah I made this when I only had my broken calc so I had no intentions of releasing it but that is why I am making a new one (Good luck to me if I tried to understand my code :P)

And I think if foosball was made I think it would have to be a mini version with four paddle stick things instead of eight in total :-|

Also all the downloads here I will put on the first post for ease of access :)

Dream of Omnimaga

Sorry to hear. It might be due to how back in the days you were probably used to messageboards that showed up in threaded view with minimal design. I'm just 4 years younger than you, though O.O
Quote from: alexgt on June 12, 2015, 08:25:24 PM
Also all the downloads here I will put on the first post for ease of access :)
Good idea. You could also put them in the site's download section. :P

Also a football game would be quite ambitious. Maybe it would be better to make a hockey game similar to Ice Hockey on the NES at first or just like air hockey, because football has like 11 players on each side. The AI would still be a mess to code, though, especially if you implement hits and passes.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

alexgt

Yeah It would be pretty difficult to program *.*!!!

I will put them into the downloads section also (should they go in one topic or what?)

Dream of Omnimaga

Each game should have separate topic, I think, so they have more visibility.

alexgt

Ok :)

I need to get back into z80 programming so I can finish JarvAXE 5.0 <_<

Dream of Omnimaga

^This, but I am cool with more HP Prime games and cool programs too :)

alexgt

Yeah I still mainly will develop with HP PPL but I don't want to have a large undone project :-\

Snektron

Yeah i hate it when that happens. After a few monbths you are just tired of a project and want to do something else <_<
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

alexgt

It is not that but I have two extremely similar projects and one (SIFS) is over shadowing JarvAXE 5.0 <_< (Not that I don't like either project tho)