Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[Minecraft] [HP Prime] MinePrime - Minecraft on a Hp Prime!

Started by alexgt, April 20, 2015, 12:22:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexgt

This is still being worked on I just didn't have time in the past few weeks with FRC Robotics... so now I will be more active.

I also have freecodecamp to complete which takes lots of time... so I will not have that much time for MinePrime.
I could really use some help with this project though. Feel free to contact me if you do ;)
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Dudeman313

• Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

alexgt

Yeah, I was at a competition for half the weekend and after that I was away from home xD

Dream of Omnimaga

Sorry to hear @alexgt . I hope you had fun with your two competitions, though. Is Freecodecamp ending soon or is it a recurring event or something that lasts all year long?

As for Mineprime I doubt many people can help, though, since not many people make HP Prime games, but we never know. I just hope that you still don't mind continuing this project even if no one decides to help.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U
Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)

alexgt

I intend to finish it, I am still trying to get a good way to store data. I will probably go back to large matrices and just handle them so they won't have a large impact on memory.

Freecodecamp is a long course so it will take me a long while, probably into 2017.

I can do it on my own but the time I have in the summer to work on it could be taken by cross country and robotics <_<

I will start again before I have spring break and work on it super hard on spring break.

Updates will hopefully be soon :P

Dream of Omnimaga

What current data do you use? IIRC on Omnimaga there was a topic with benchmarks about which way is faster, but I forgot where is it. Just as long as you don't stick to storing the entire map into a massive GROB, so that players don't land on a spreadsheet everytime they run the app. >.<

Hopefully you stick around no matter what. But good luck. :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

alexgt

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on March 10, 2016, 08:27:04 AM
What current data do you use? IIRC on Omnimaga there was a topic with benchmarks about which way is faster, but I forgot where is it. Just as long as you don't stick to storing the entire map into a massive GROB, so that players don't land on a spreadsheet everytime they run the app. >.<

Hopefully you stick around no matter what. But good luck. :)
Well I came back! And figured out and planned the entire engine of the game! So YaY.

I totally re-write the first post and my plan is completely explained in the first spoiler in the first post ;)

And also I am not going to set dates for updates since we all know how that goes for me... instead I will just post it ;)

Dream of Omnimaga

I hope the engine doesn't get rewritten over and over, though. That's how most projects die >.< (and that is also how certain projects takes over 9 years to reach completion or beta stage, like Escheron, which started in 2007 as Lost Legends II), but sometimes it's for the best.

ANyway I like the new ideas, especially the color for block durability idea. :)

Unicorn

Seeing this get to a releasable state would be amazing, get right to it!
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 05, 2016, 06:50:57 AM
I hope the engine doesn't get rewritten over and over, though. That's how most projects die >.< (and that is also how certain projects takes over 9 years to reach completion or beta stage, like Escheron, which started in 2007 as Lost Legends II), but sometimes it's for the best.

ANyway I like the new ideas, especially the color for block durability idea. :)
Yeah, the 3rd engine will be the charm hopefully.

Quote from: Unicorn on May 05, 2016, 06:53:32 AM
Seeing this get to a releasable state would be amazing, get right to it!
It will hopefully keep up the pace I am going ;)

Also world generation will be much more complex. But we will see how that goes :P

Dream of Omnimaga

On a side note, one idea I have is when you wander in an area that is a cavern, the screen gets darker and darker the farther you get under a roof or away from lava/fire. It would be quite rudimentary compared to Minecraft 2D shading on the Nspire but it would still look quite realistic. I don't know hard it would be to implement, though.

alexgt

I would just use fillpoly with alpha. But if I wanted to decrease shading and everything I could calculate in real time (which would be really slow) or I could use a large GROB like for collision and load that before the world loads. at max it would be 500x150 if that is what I keep the max world size, but it will probably be smaller...

Dream of Omnimaga

Something you could do if you can manage to implement a dynamic shading algorithm would be to pre-generate it after the map is loaded, then only update it when you destroy blocks. Just like in the real Minecraft game, updating blocks at the top would take longer and some lag might occur, but I guess it would be bearable.

alexgt

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 07, 2016, 02:03:43 AM
Something you could do if you can manage to implement a dynamic shading algorithm would be to pre-generate it after the map is loaded, then only update it when you destroy blocks. Just like in the real Minecraft game, updating blocks at the top would take longer and some lag might occur, but I guess it would be bearable.
Yep that is about how I planned to do it ;).
That would call for another GROB but it will only be as large as the collision GROB. I also have to be careful and conserve as much on those as possible since I only have 9 xD

Dream of Omnimaga

You can actually use 1 GROB for multiple buffers. Just offset the second buffer so it's lower in the GROB. :P But don't run out of RAM. (I think 9 GROBs that are 320x240 each will take over 1.4 MB of RAM in total.)