Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[Minecraft] [HP Prime] MinePrime - Minecraft on a Hp Prime!

Started by alexgt, April 20, 2015, 12:22:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

It's ok, just don't do like some people with 20 projects that never get finished because the author jumps from one project to another :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U
Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)

alexgt

Yeah, it is hard with 4 projects, let alone more O.O
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Dream of Omnimaga

By the way, you should really use your Zampy Quest engine for this game, at least for walking, because from the contest screenshots it really looked smooth. Also maybe allow destroying blocks with the keypad as an option (maybe the numpad?)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

kegwaan

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on January 07, 2016, 05:28:04 AM
By the way, you should really use your Zampy Quest engine for this game, at least for walking, because from the contest screenshots it really looked smooth. Also maybe allow destroying blocks with the keypad as an option (maybe the numpad?)
When you say using the numpad, do you mean directional controls similar to Portal Prelude and Portal Returns? Or do you mean using the numbers to move an on-screen cursor?
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+ SE, TI-84+ CSE
"If it's stupid and it works, it's not stupid."

alexgt

Quote from: kegwaan on January 07, 2016, 11:45:12 AM
When you say using the numpad, do you mean directional controls similar to Portal Prelude and Portal Returns? Or do you mean using the numbers to move an on-screen cursor?
Yep that is what he means

Yeah, I am going to re write the engine of MinePrime but I a going to use a different collision detection system because a side effect of keeping it loaded in the spread sheet is it calculates the out come more than you need it to, making more lag. It is fine for a platformer like Zampy's quest since it rests after every level but if you are playing for 20 min + you will run out of RAM <_<

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh right, I forgot about the apps thing such as how the game actually uses a cellsheet thing. It would be cool if HP allowed us to use apps that don't contain anything, so that they're closer to real apps.

As for running out of RAM, that seems like a serious memory leak issue that needs to be fixed (is it due to an HP bug)?

alexgt

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on January 14, 2016, 06:50:16 PM
Oh right, I forgot about the apps thing such as how the game actually uses a cellsheet thing. It would be cool if HP allowed us to use apps that don't contain anything, so that they're closer to real apps.

As for running out of RAM, that seems like a serious memory leak issue that needs to be fixed (is it due to an HP bug)?
Meh, Memory problems are a thing of the past! I was get a young padawan in the ways of HP PPL, I am now a MASTER!!! :P

To conserve space I am taking the matrix as completely out of the RAM as possible, that should cut the size down a lot. I will use pixel test for collision I think.

I made updates to the first post so the download will be current!

Also I am starting back up on this and SynText to!

EDIT: I searched MinePrime in google and 8 pictures of it came up, all within the first 30 O.O

Dream of Omnimaga

But to use the calc to its full potential, you still need to stop rendering the entire game map into a large GROB like you did with Zampy's Quest. Normally, games only render what's in the screen, then when scrolling around it renders the 15 or 20 missing tiles from outside the screen. :P

And nice about Google. I noticed this topic is among the most viewed topics in the forum stats too. I hope it eventually gets released (as well as Zampy's Quest)

alexgt

Yeah, I am still figuring it out :P I might use the matrix but if there is anything that is a good alternative I will use it ;)

alexgt

Ok, so I got everything worked out how I am not going to use matrices at ALL!!! AND have HUGE worlds, many block types, super fast load speeds, barely any RAM consumption, minimaps, super ubber precise collision, and did I mention a 2000x150 map being able to be stores in 130KB *.*

Well enough with the suspense, since the Prime uses base ten for colors every pixel has a value from 0 to 16,777,121 (or something). We can read that value with a command like GETPIX_P(), so we can use colors on a GROB as variables, map data, or huge matrices! And since I am using an app you can store hundreds of Maps in the archive (I have lots of space taken up in the archive and I still have ~200MB free!! That means 153 2000x15 size maps O.O). So now the biggest things that took up RAM, huge pre-loaded GROBs for rendering the world and a huge matrix are no longer a problem. The dream of having a 500x150 world that didn't suck up all the RAM now fits in 96 bytes!

So MinePrime will be back better and faster than EVAR!!!!!!!!!
[spoiler=WARNING loooottttsss of emojis]:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: >:D >:D 8) 8) O.O ;D (-_(//)); :ninja: :love: :crazy: :blah: >B) >:D >:D >:D :P :P :P O.O O.O O.O :w00t: :w00t: (-_(//)); (-_(//)); :love: :thumbsup: :crazy: :crazy: :banghead: :blah: <_< :love: :love: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :w00t: :w00t: (-_(//)); (-_(//)); (-_(//)); (I am excited :P)[/spoiler]

Dream of Omnimaga

Do you mean 2000x150 tiles or an actual picture of the rendered map? GETPIX seems like a nice solution although larger than matrices, because if you ever make a game with your own maps then you can edit your maps on Paint, GIMP or whatever image editor you like, then import the image data for use with GETPIX. I never actually tried using that command for collision, though.

In any case, that is a good move. Just don't render the entire map every frame :P (even rendering the 21x16 every frame would be slow, although 15 FPS is still bearable)

Also why use so many emoticons when one :walrii: can do the job? :P

alexgt

2000x150 pixels and their color would represent the block value. And I will be doing what I did for the old version which is just rendering one line of blocks, one block off screen. Also I just used AFilesB("Test") to get the size of the GROB and it is actually smaller than a matrix O.O (it is still compressed but either way t is much smaller than a matrix).

and you meen this walrii :P

Dream of Omnimaga

Ah ok, and yeah rendering the line of blocks that is off-screen and scrolling in would be better (providing that you check for diagonal movement). And yeah that's the walrus I mean but I was too lazy to go to the fanart thread :P

Good luck!

alexgt

Yup that is what I meant. And a matrix that is 50x15 (what I used for Zampy's Quest) is just over 20KB so GROBs are certainly smaller, IDK why since they have to store color and transparency values also.

SiphonicSugar

You know, too bad that I will never get an HP calculator... This version of Minecraft looks really promising!
  • Calculators owned: TI-89, TI-84 Plus, TI-92, TI-84 Plus C SE, and TI-Nspire CAS with Touchpad
I'm just trying to grab some inspiration. :P