Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[Minecraft] [HP Prime] MinePrime - Minecraft on a Hp Prime!

Started by alexgt, April 20, 2015, 12:22:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh right, I forgot that this topic had that ID. Good thing Juju didn't add an easter egg to the CW URL shortener like with topic 42 when you type http://codewalr.us/404 nor made it redirect to the site's 404 page. With topic 42, if you also specify the post and try with post ID 1337, it redirects to a rickroll.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U
Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)

alexgt

• Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Unicorn

The funny thing is, is that that rickroll came on just as I went to that link O.o So Looomenaty was apon me. Or was it satan? O.o
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

It's called Flash and/or auto-playing videos. :P

By the way alexgt any luck so far working on this? :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

alexgt

I have hardly been programming at all lately (mostly looking up stuff for neural nets for SIFS) but today I am starting this project :) By that I mean making the textures into a .png and probably making world generation.

Unicorn

Great! I expect texturepacks and modding allowed in the near future! :trollface:
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah custom texture packs support would be nice, although not a priority. Glad to see this resumed. :)

Unicorn

A texturepack file would have to be sooooo big though. Like a megabit of two right?

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

CKH4

No because they are using an old style 256x256 bulk image for textures.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

Unicorn

Oh... Instead of separate files for each sprite, one file divided up for all sprites, right?

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

CKH4

Yep, one big image (relatively) for each sprite.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

alexgt

Quote from: Unicorn on June 26, 2015, 01:43:42 AM
Great! I expect texturepacks and modding allowed in the near future! :trollface:
Textures will defaultly be able to be custom :)
all you will have to do is replace the tex.png with another tex.png with the texture in it (there will probably be multiple tex files for terrain, items, GUI, and mobs)

Modding would work by making a separate program and putting

AProgram:="string of copied code from mineprime app wit edits (mods)";

into a program, running MinePrime APP, then run the program and it will store the source (the string) into MinePrime :) but you will only have one mod :(

Modders: I would edit the code in MinePrime and test it then copy to the AProgram var so you won't have to copy delete, copy, delete over and over again :)

Unicorn

One mod at a time is certainly awesome! :D If you wanted multiple, you could combine one with the others if possible.;)

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Seems good to me. Custom textures and mods are not 100% needed and rather a big plus, but it's good to have them I guess.

Make sure to focus on the main game first, though, notably crafting/mining. :)

Have you gotten any luck storing the map into some map data rather than one large picture?

alexgt

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on July 01, 2015, 04:06:57 AM
Seems good to me. Custom textures and mods are not 100% needed and rather a big plus, but it's good to have them I guess.

Make sure to focus on the main game first, though, notably crafting/mining. :)
Mods will come after the game is done while textures will already be able to be custom (I will make a vid on that when world gen and player movement is complete)
But yeah completing the game will come first before features :)

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on July 01, 2015, 04:06:57 AM
Have you gotten any luck storing the map into some map data rather than one large picture?
Yes I have (I think), what I am going to do is have a matrix for the current world that you can load saves or the like onto. Also there will be characters that keep their inventory from world to world like Terraria so you will never run out of resources.

To display the world I will have a GROB that will have a one block space off the screen as a buffer: so if I had a 320x240 screen with 20x15 blocks that fit on the screen the GROB would have one more block on each side so it would be 352x272 pixels big and 22x17 blocks big :)