Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[Minecraft] [HP Prime] MinePrime - Minecraft on a Hp Prime!

Started by alexgt, April 20, 2015, 12:22:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexgt

I haven't been working with it much because of school... Sadly school should be winding down for the summer but I have less time somehow O.O

I will be able to work on it in the car though so that is a total of ~20 hours :P
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Dream of Omnimaga

Is it due to exams or due to other life obligations such as a small job, parents wanting you to do chores all summer long or something?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U
Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)

alexgt

No (we haven't really started any exams yet) but last weekend was strange (we had 3 days off because of memorial day and I only had time to do stuff on one day). and today we were busy at school with freshman orientation, but I will get a bit more active now since all that stuff is out of the way :).

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh right you didn't do the exams yet. I tend to always mistake the end of May for the end of school for many people when Juju finishes. :P But some people finish school on June 30th. :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

alexgt

Well I finish on June 5th so I am lucky?!

EDIT: But a week after that I go to camp where I can't program <_<... it is still fun there though :)

Dream of Omnimaga

As long as you aren't gone during all Summer O.O (some people tend to move on to other hobbies when they are left with no calcs nor internet for months)

alexgt

Well in total I think I will be gone for three weeks but my mom hasn't signed me up for the two week one and it might be past the due date now so...  :-\

(I will stick to calcs definitely since that is the only thing that I am really extremely good at (I think :P))

alexgt

I am moving this to an App and re-coding it because there were some major bugs in the old version <_<. Just so you know this is being worked on :)

Dream of Omnimaga

Glad to see this back into action. :) What were the bugs you ran into?

By the way, I think that on map edges there shouldn't be blocks outside the map. Maybe have some indestructable bedrock?

alexgt

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on June 02, 2015, 05:24:58 AM
Glad to see this back into action. :) What were the bugs you ran into?
Thanks, The main one was that I couldn't figure out why I couldn't break blocks on the second half of the map :(

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on June 02, 2015, 05:24:58 AM
By the way, I think that on map edges there shouldn't be blocks outside the map. Maybe have some indestructable bedrock?
What will happen is the world will stop going forward and you will continue on until you reach the real edge.

Also I am using the spread sheet app so I can get real time info with out having to keep adding vars to together because the app will do it all for me! this will make mobs WAY easier! 

Dream of Omnimaga

Aaah OK. I  noticed that but I thought it was because I was outside the map.

And do you mean the character will move to the edge of the screen and the map stop scrolling when reaching edges like in Mario?

And nice trick to use the spread sheet app. I should check into it more at one point to see if it could make it easy to make a strategy game or RPG.

alexgt

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on June 03, 2015, 01:58:42 AM
Aaah OK. I  noticed that but I thought it was because I was outside the map.

And do you mean the character will move to the edge of the screen and the map stop scrolling when reaching edges like in Mario?

And nice trick to use the spread sheet app. I should check into it more at one point to see if it could make it easy to make a strategy game or RPG.
yeah the screen will stop scrolling and the character will keep moving :).

The spread sheet will be really helpful because you can name cells so they act just like vars with real time adding so it will be simple to add the mobs up for a mob cap or something :)

After I get the shell worked out for SIFS then I will start heavy development on this since I am on summer break now :)

Unicorn

Yay! Walrifythis game to :P Secret mob...
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Snektron

• Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

CKH4

Quote from: alexgt on June 07, 2015, 05:03:27 AM
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on June 03, 2015, 01:58:42 AMAnd do you mean the character will move to the edge of the screen and the map stop scrolling when reaching edges like in Mario?
yeah the screen will stop scrolling and the character will keep moving :).
Maybe you should loop the edges of the map, it would make it feel more like a planet.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+