Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[Minecraft] [HP Prime] MinePrime - Minecraft on a Hp Prime!

Started by alexgt, April 20, 2015, 12:22:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unicorn

Awesome! I can't wait to try bock breaking out!

My sister and I tried to make breakfast for our mom, but there was no waffle mix. (her favorite breakfast) :P

So instead, she got bagels and coffee. :=|
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

I made a little animation that I will share when it is done rendering, and I tried to give her chocolate but she said she was still on a diet today which makes no sense because its mother's day.
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Unicorn

Lol, So is the breaking like terraia?
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

Yup. The hard part with making breaking take longer is varying the breaking length aka stone vs. dirt.

Unicorn

Cool! I'm gonna try it out in a bit!

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Will there be a setting in creative mode that lets you destroy every block instantly?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U
Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)

bb010g

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 01, 2015, 04:57:51 AM
Quote from: Strontium on April 30, 2015, 04:57:54 AM
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on April 29, 2015, 04:00:30 PM
As long as your parents don't block CodeWalrus in the filters or stuff like that. <_< Make sure to keep your grades up, though, in case.

Thats what proxies are for :P
Yeah and if you get caught using one I heard stories about people getting banned for life from the computer labs and worse. Although I would personally be tempted to do it if I absolutely wanted to access a website, I would rather first make sure that my grades are good before thinking about visiting gaming/social sites and then make sure to not get caught. Of course sometimes you have no choice if some schools/parents use abusive restrictive measures, but you do it at your own risk (and the risk of having even more restrictions afterward).
I had to use a proxy for a school-sanctioned program at my school once because I was setting up a nginx server for FRC and the firewall was all like "OH NOEZ PROXY" because it's a web server, of course they'll be talking about proxies. :D
  • Calculators owned: HP 50g, Prime, 28S, 35S, Casio Prizm, dead Nspire CX CAS

alexgt

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 10, 2015, 06:50:05 PM
Will there be a setting in creative mode that lets you destroy every block instantly?
Probably but I might make an undo button for that so if you mis-clicked you can undo it  (I find that a 16x16 space is pretty small to be acurate).

Snektron

Oh thats kinda handy actally. I wish there was a pc mc mod for that :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Dream of Omnimaga

That would definitively be a nice feature, especially that touchscreens are prone to such misclick.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

COMMAND Z!

I yell that at my sister a lot.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

/\ ? Commands might be possible. If I find a way to make "mods" then I might make it an addon, any ideas on how to do that, it people could make mods for MinePrime I think game play could be really interesting and involve you guys more :)

bb010g

Quote from: alexgt on May 12, 2015, 12:05:13 AM
/\ ? Commands might be possible. If I find a way to make "mods" then I might make it an addon, any ideas on how to do that, it people could make mods for MinePrime I think game play could be really interesting and involve you guys more :)
The thing that bugs me about extensible behaviors, like mods, on the Prime is that they would have to be referenced (AFAIK) through strings and called via expr. That makes things slow. Even in a simple paint program, using strings and expr function calls, as opposed to direct calls, is noticeably slower. The alternative I see is hard coding in your mods when adding them, but that smells. PPL needs some way to deal with program/namespace, variable, and function references for a mod API to work. With more than 3 calls per tick, it'll get slow.

Dream of Omnimaga

This totally smells like the TI-OS VAT on the 83+/84+ series >.<. Games with lots of sub-programs gets atrociously slow, especially under low RAM conditions.

Also a bug report in the latest version: The delay that makes the game runs at the same speed in the emulator doesn't appear to work at all. Another issue is that we can destroy bedrock.

bb010g

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 12, 2015, 01:52:44 AM
This totally smells like the TI-OS VAT on the 83+/84+ series >.<. Games with lots of sub-programs gets atrociously slow, especially under low RAM conditions.
Functions themselves aren't the problem. They're fine. The problem is that using strings for higher-order functions is horrible because strings.