Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Are you afraid of spiders?

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, March 13, 2015, 02:17:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

This room might be your cure ;)

(EDIT Youtube alternative, although poor quality: https://youtube.com/watch?v=q-nLr1dTb_4 )

(Note: the black fluffy balls are stacked spiders)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

tr1p1ea

Lol cool, being from Australia, spiders are something that you get used to ... well mostly.

That is a hell of a lot though!

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah and your spiders are quite huge, too >.< I would be a bit creeped out if I saw a tarantula in my home, but I think I would be even more if I saw a daddy big legs spider ball indoors since that could probably mean that there's a nest somewhere in the walls or getting rid of all of them would be hard. That said, if you know which type of spiders are dangerous then you are probably fine. If it wasn't for them creating plenty of sticky webs, reproducing and possibly crawling on me or my food at night I would probably not mind keeping two or three alive in my appartment so that they can take care of wasps, mosquitoes and flies for me.

EDIT: lol

Seriously, that thing is bigger than most hamsters O.O
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

aetios

Depends if it's just a teeny flycatcher or a black widow... I'm not afraid of NL spiders but damn would I get the hell away from a black widow or similar not so pretty spider.
ceci n'est pas une signature

Dream of Omnimaga

Sometimes, over here, when people buys grapes there is a spider in the package and in rare occasions it was a black widow. This makes the news when this happens and it's kinda scary despite being very rare. >.<

Also it's Friday 13th :P

Snektron

it was on the news yesterday that some women found a banana filled with spiders. I wouldn't like that (i don't really like banana's anyway :P)
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh wow I would probably be disgisted of bananas for years x.x

novenary

Butbutbut bananas are good. D:
* Streetwalrus changed his nick to Streetmonkey

Seriously tho, same as aeTIos. I'm not generally afraid (at all) of spiders/bees/wasps/other dangerous small things but if I were to face a massive one I'd probably react differently.

Snektron

I let most spiders sit in my room, so they eat all the mosquitos. Yes, i have mosquito's in the winter. q.q
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

novenary

I usually let insects crawl on me. My sister hates them tho. :P

Dream of Omnimaga

Wait what? O.O

I am unsure if I would want a very large spider to crawl on me and especially not anything that can sting, like mosquitoes or wasps. Of course it depends what kind of bug it is, though. There are some I don't mind picking up or letting crawl on my arms :P As for wasps I know they won't necessarily sting me but just one slight movement can cause them to think you are attacking them then they can sting you and it hurts bad. Plus I hate when stuff goes on my food anyway.

tr1p1ea

This is the vid i posted on IRC a while back ... this is pretty much on the money for rural public bathrooms:

Lol.

Dream of Omnimaga

I assume in Australia this also happens at McDonald's toilets? :P

novenary

Lol that's one hell of a spider. :o

CKH4

I like spiders outside of my house. I also hate bananas. I also dislike bees indoors because I seem to get stung indoors. I let bees crawl on my fingers if I'm at the botanical garden.

Edit.
@DJ Omnimaga the original video has daddy long legs if I'm not mistaken. They're harmless and kinda weird (imo).
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+