You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here. | New CodeWalrus | Old (dark mode) | Old (light) | Discord server

First Fantasy: Mana Force Screenshot Thread

b/[Completed] First Fantasy Series (TI-84+CSE/84+CE/83PCE) Started by Dream of Omnimaga, February 13, 2015, 07:39:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

u/Duke "Tape" Eiyeron March 21, 2015, 02:55:01 PM
And seeing what happened with Nspire, I wouldn't be surprised if they were going to block everything non ASM
u/Snektron March 21, 2015, 03:11:55 PM
And everything from ASM except normal programs  <_<
u/Dream of Omnimaga March 21, 2015, 06:12:24 PM
Quote from: CKH4 on March 21, 2015, 02:23:03 PM
You don't think that there will be xLIBCE? :(
there will but it will use something else than the real() syntax if the calc lacks parser hooks.

The CE supports ASM and BASIC but some ASM tricks will no longer work. At least it doesn't block ASM entirely though.
u/Dream of Omnimaga March 24, 2015, 09:28:44 AM
Now that the new map engine and boss intros have been implemented, here is a Youtube video of the game in action!

Since VirtualDub and Fraps weren't cooperative, I had to use Windows Movie Maker 2.6 so it's a bit choppy, but I guess it does the job well for a calculator vid. The next step will be to implement boss fight outros (where there is an animation or something telling that you have now acquired a new job/class and a set of skills. I also need to start working on the in-game menu soon, as well as the game ending.
u/Snektron March 24, 2015, 03:34:47 PM
Looks amazing :D Though i can't watch the video right now. My internet speed is horrible atm <_<
u/Dream of Omnimaga March 24, 2015, 05:06:07 PM
I posted new screenshots in the first post now, showing many parts of the game in action as it is now.
u/aetios March 24, 2015, 07:42:46 PM
Dude, this looks pretty darn awesome :D
u/Dream of Omnimaga March 24, 2015, 10:12:39 PM
Thanks a lot :D
u/Unicorn March 25, 2015, 01:07:30 AM
Wow, this is way more cool than I thought it would be! I did not expect such amazing colors!
u/123outerme March 25, 2015, 01:17:56 AM
Looks amazing! Can't wait to get this on my calculator.
u/alexgt March 25, 2015, 07:55:45 PM
Now I am considering a CSE. that looks amazing!
u/Dream of Omnimaga March 25, 2015, 10:12:00 PM
Keep in mind that the CSE is being discontinued now, though, due to the release of the TI-84 Plus CE. That said, I am betting that it will still be somewhat popular for one more school year due to stores probably still having them in stock and possible discounts. Also ASM/hybrid games from the CSE won't run on the CE, so I would probably need to port this game.
u/Duke "Tape" Eiyeron March 26, 2015, 08:10:45 AM
WHy did they do the CSE in the first time to swap it so quickly for with the CE?
u/Dream of Omnimaga March 26, 2015, 01:32:13 PM
Yeah it's kinda sad that a platform this popular gets discontinued for a new one with no compatibility other than pure BASIC. When they did that with the TI-83+SE (which only survived three and an half years) at least most ASM programs still ran fine on successor models.

On the other hand, since the 84+CE has much faster ASM speed, this will most likely allow some cool ASM libs. If we have no parser hook support, however, then a FF:MF CE port would probably experience slightly higher loading times when switching text color and some magic animations.

By the way, the menu completion in FF:MF basically means that the game would be nearly complete. All that's left to do now for an official release is the following:

-Remove all lbl and gotos from battle commands selection
-Fix magic animations that used 3-bit color mode because the animations are not visible enough
-Add boss outro event or animation
-Better ending
-Enemy balance

This sub-forum will most likely remain after this remake is done, because of the high possibilities of a CE port if ASM libs come out.
Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 01:37:45 PM by DJ Omnimaga
Website statistics

MyCalcs | Ticalc.org | Cemetech | Omnimaga | TI-Basic Developer | MaxCoderz | TI-Story | Casiocalc.org | Casiopeia | The Museum of HP Calculators | HPCalc.org | CnCalc.org | Music 2000 Community | TI Education | Casio Education | HP Calcs | NumWorks | SwissMicros | Sharp Calculators