Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Dynamically generated GIF scrolltext

Started by DarkestEx, December 20, 2015, 10:14:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkestEx

Heya!

I was recovering the dynamic GIF generator for scrolling images that I wrote a few months back to generate my signature image on the fly.
Today I reworked the PHP script some more, made it even messier, but added a lot of new features. I will clean the code up one day.
I also changed my avatar to a dynamically generated version. If anybody wants to have a custom bar inside their signature or an animated avatar, I would love to help.
Those who want an avatar can give me a font and a background image, tell me the remaining settings and I will create them a dynamically changing avatar or one that is generated once that they can download.
At some point will I release the code or create a service for these images.

I hope you like them :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

p4nix

Really cool plans and really cool stuff you've made. How is it working exactly under the hood? Too lazy to dig into your webserver...
  • Calculators owned: fx9860GII (SH4)

kegwaan

• Calculators owned: TI-84+ SE, TI-84+ CSE
"If it's stupid and it works, it's not stupid."

alexgt

Quote from: kegwaan on December 20, 2015, 10:22:57 PM
So where to I go to ask for one?
I would say here ;)

That is really cool DarkestEx, I am going to stay with Iron Ninja Fancy Stache Man though :P
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Yuki

That looks quite nice, can I have the code?
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

DarkestEx

Quote from: p4nix on December 20, 2015, 10:22:05 PM
Really cool plans and really cool stuff you've made. How is it working exactly under the hood? Too lazy to dig into your webserver...
It has multiple modes. The text always scrolls, but the background might stay or move too. To generate the frames, the whole string is drawn first and cut into the individual frames. Then the frames are compiled into a gif and cached. The animation is only generated after a few hours or if I force it to rebuilt it. It is configured over an extensive config file.
PHP is the programming language. The .gif extension is archieved using Apache's .htaccess config

Just PM me and discuss what features it should have, what font and background and if it should change or stay the same.
I can host it for you if you need it to be dynamic (e.g. countdown or often changing text). We can even read in RSS feeds and refresh the image on new updates.

Quote from: alexgt on December 20, 2015, 11:08:29 PM
I would say here ;)

That is really cool DarkestEx, I am going to stay with Iron Ninja Fancy Stache Man though :P
Sure, but maybe a bar inside your signature could be cool ;)

Quote from: Juju on December 21, 2015, 12:11:20 AM
That looks quite nice, can I have the code?
Yes, I will PM you the preliminary code.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

alexgt

Yeah, I will think on what to put inside, could you get the Internets I have and display them as an example (the bar doesn't work very well it says I have 14 when I actually have 16 xD)

DarkestEx

Quote from: alexgt on December 21, 2015, 12:55:37 AM
Yeah, I will think on what to put inside, could you get the Internets I have and display them as an example (the bar doesn't work very well it says I have 14 when I actually have 16 xD)
Yes, I can display your internets count whereever you want and even change it.

Yuki

Heh, thanks.

Quote from: DarkestEx on December 21, 2015, 12:51:56 AM
The .gif extension is archieved using Apache's .htaccess config
Or you stick a ?ext=.gif at the end, would work as well.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

DarkestEx

Quote from: Juju on December 21, 2015, 01:00:01 AM
Heh, thanks.

Quote from: DarkestEx on December 21, 2015, 12:51:56 AM
The .gif extension is archieved using Apache's .htaccess config
Or you stick a ?ext=.gif at the end, would work as well.
Yea sure, but actually I wouln't even need the .gif. .php works fine as I am sending the gif content type.

alexgt

Quote from: DarkestEx on December 21, 2015, 12:57:21 AM
Quote from: alexgt on December 21, 2015, 12:55:37 AM
Yes, I can display your internets count whereever you want and even change it.
Awesome ;)

I will PM you when I give it a bit more thought  :thumbsup:

Dream of Omnimaga

I like your new avatar DarkestEx. You should make a random :walrii: scroll inside the text.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

DarkestEx

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on December 21, 2015, 04:40:05 AM
I like your new avatar DarkestEx. You should make a random :walrii: scroll inside the text.
Oh yea, that'd be nice

alexgt

c4ooo

I dont understand why the browser wont just cache it ???