Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Adding multiplayer/redstone to DSCraft (Minecraft for the DS) [ds] [minecraft]

Started by caleb1997, February 18, 2016, 03:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caleb1997

So... I stumbled across this.

I was wondering it multiplayer and/or redstone could be added to it.

Problem #1: What language is DSCraft written in?

To do list:
1. Figure out the language (SmileBASIC).
2. Learn SmileBASIC.
3. Add redstone and/or multiplayer.
4. Test, revise, test.

If anyone has a DS/DSi/DS XL/DSi XL/3DS/3DS XL and wants to test the game in the future, please PM me.
  • Calculators owned: CSE, CE

p4nix

Can't find information on the site itself. Since the game must run fast, I doubt it's any easy to modifiy skript-language. That's why you should contact the author - he's the one who could help you the most...
  • Calculators owned: fx9860GII (SH4)

JoeYoung

This homebrew was made by smea, and since he didn't release any source to go with it, chances are he doesn't want to hand over the reigns to other coders to modify.

It was made in c++ with DS homebrew tools found on GBAtemp. He has since moved onto 3DS homebrew work.

If you want to clone Minecraft for the DS/3DS, I suggest you start learning from the ground up on gbatemp.

Dream of Omnimaga

Couldn't Crafti for the TI-Nspire CX by @Vogtinator be re-used for the DS or would it only be fast enough for the 3DS? It wouldn't be 100% Minecraft, but it could still be expanded to include the features that you want, right?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

caleb1997

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on March 01, 2016, 06:28:25 PM
Couldn't Crafti for the TI-Nspire CX by @Vogtinator be re-used for the DS or would it only be fast enough for the 3DS? It wouldn't be 100% Minecraft, but it could still be expanded to include the features that you want, right?

Maybe.... But I just found this. It does have multiplayer, but no redstone.... as far as I can tell, anyways.

But I went and bought SmileBASIC, which, I believe is compatible with this MC DS port.

Then again, I know nothing about SmileBASIC. So..... Now that I have a interface, how do I get the program? There are a bunch of QR codes down at the bottom of the screen, but which do I scan? Once I can get the actual game, and understand it, I can start programming....

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh wow I remember that by calc84maniac. But since Petit Computer is interpreted, wouldn't speed be a problem on the original DS?

I also don't know how we download multi-code programs.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

caleb1997

The PTC minecraft can be runs on a DS, but I'm using a 3DS, which has more than enough processing power. So I don't think it will be a problem.