Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

General site updates, TODO list and discussion

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, November 12, 2014, 07:18:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman313

Are there any other themes other than default, plain, html, or the Ninjabyte thing?
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

Araidia

Quote from: Dudeman313 on April 03, 2016, 09:42:02 PM
Are there any other themes other than default, plain, html, or the Ninjabyte thing?
There is a crazy theme, but it doesn't seem to be working right now...
  • Calculators owned: TI84+ CE

Also Known as: Soul | Enguard

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah, switching to https broke it. I need to fix some links.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dream of Omnimaga

This isn't really related to site-specific maintenance, but I have just updated the About section with a new signature banner:

This one reflects the changes made to the site logo a few months ago and removes the translucent background so that the image is smaller (and thus allows for smaller signatures). The About page at https://codewalr.us/index.php?topic=28.0 also has the BBCode or HTML for if you want to put the logo above in your signature elswhere or your web page.

And before you ask, I didn't animate Walrii in it because many places don't allow animated signatures.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dudeman313

The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

Thanks. :) Also I just updated the site description meta tag because it looked like it was almost completely focusing on calculators. I changed it to put more emphasis on our other focuses, such as retro gaming and art. and other platforms. I still need to update the front page description, though.

Dudeman313

Alright. It's good to show that we are not just a calculator forum so that people like Mr. Schrage(<_<) won't jump to conclusions by saying I'm "looking up games for calculators" every time I visit.
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

Well, if he asks and wants to check then he will definitively see calc stuff, so be careful. I mean, on the front page there are often calc screenshots. But you can always try to access the forum directly and if it takes too long, then just type https://codewalr.us/2 and you'll land on a topic with no calc stuff in it. I doubt you should bookmark the site in case they monitor your bookmarks. And of course don't visit the site while you're supposed to do school work. :P

Dream of Omnimaga

* DJ Omnimaga pokes @Juju @aeTIos @Streetwalrus @Cumred_Snektron @Ivoah (and the other members can voice their opinion too of course :P)

I changed the block of text that was on the front page above the news to reflect our larger focus compared to when we opened our doors, but I am unsure if it's good. Would you have ideas for changes (I wanted to show the type of platforms we program for, but I also wanted to show the most popular ones more in details)?

QuoteWelcome to CodeWalrus!
Welcome to CodeWalrus: A software development community with a focus on retro-gaming and art on TI, HP, Casio calculators (such as the TI-84 Plus series, TI-Nspire CX and HP Prime), Android, iOS devices, vintage game consoles and PC.

Since October 2014, our active members and staff have released new games such as First Fantasy: Mana Force, Line++, Lazer 2 and Wal-Rush!, as well as softwares such as HoustonTracker 2, CEmu and many more including calculator ports of popular games from vintage consoles. And there are lots of WIP in the development section, so make sure to check them out, voice your suggestions and encouragements!

We intend to provide a friendly place to discuss your favorite topics, to hang out and to showcase your projects and releases, so hopefully you feel at home here. Registration is free and only takes a few seconds!

I am also contemplating adding a strip of downscaled game screenshots (including demos that got a release) below the site description. What do you think?

Ivoah

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on April 15, 2016, 07:17:12 AM
* DJ Omnimaga pokes @Juju @aeTIos @Streetwalrus @Cumred_Snektron @Ivoah (and the other members can voice their opinion too of course :P)

I changed the block of text that was on the front page above the news to reflect our larger focus compared to when we opened our doors, but I am unsure if it's good. Would you have ideas for changes (I wanted to show the type of platforms we program for, but I also wanted to show the most popular ones more in details)?

QuoteWelcome to CodeWalrus!
Welcome to CodeWalrus: A software development community with a focus on retro-gaming and art on TI, HP, Casio calculators (such as the TI-84 Plus series, TI-Nspire CX and HP Prime), Android, iOS devices, vintage game consoles and PC.

Since October 2014, our active members and staff have released new games such as First Fantasy: Mana Force, Line++, Lazer 2 and Wal-Rush!, as well as softwares such as HoustonTracker 2, CEmu and many more including calculator ports of popular games from vintage consoles. And there are lots of WIP in the development section, so make sure to check them out, voice your suggestions and encouragements!

We intend to provide a friendly place to discuss your favorite topics, to hang out and to showcase your projects and releases, so hopefully you feel at home here. Registration is free and only takes a few seconds!

I am also contemplating adding a strip of downscaled game screenshots (including demos that got a release) below the site description. What do you think?
Looks good to me. What was the text before?
  • Calculators owned: TI-86 (now broken), TI SR-56, TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-84+ SE, TI-84+ SE, TI-85, TI-73 Explorer VS, ViewScreen, TI-84+ CSE, TI-83+ SE

Dream of Omnimaga

It was this:

QuoteWelcome to CodeWalrus: A discussion forum to showcase your projects for all TI, Casio and HP graphing calculators and other mobile devices, as well as discussing retro gaming, drawing and music. Founded in October 2014, we intend to provide a friendly place to discuss your favorite topics and to hang out, so hopefully you feel at home here. Registration is free and only takes a few seconds!

Watch website HCWP trailer on Youtube.

Dudeman313

The new one is more descriptive. I like it. :)

[spoiler= ?]
Can I comment on this even though I'm not a mod?
[/spoiler]
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

Yes. This is why I posted this outside the hidden staff section, after all. :P

Dudeman313

The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga