Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

I wish this stage would have been in Super Mario 64 [rainbow road]

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, July 18, 2015, 05:15:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

O.O

This is from a ROM hack someone is or was working on. But this is the coolest SM64 stage I have seen so far, custom or not.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

This is incredibly well done for a SM64 hack stage. It's a nice homage to Mario Kart's Rainbow Road, with a few creative elements such as the disappearing road, the flipping platforms from Super Mario Galaxy and I think I even saw the bounce things from Sonic.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Unicorn

Hat is very, vary cool. I love all the rainbows.  ;D
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

O.O that is awesome, I wish I knew how to do that now :P
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Dream of Omnimaga

That is most likely extremely complicated, since it involves 3D and an old platform. Just creating custom F-Zero X tracks is nightmarish, now imagine custom SM64 levels
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

YOu have pretty much to do hex-edititing to edit levels, unless they finally went to do tools to edit them. I mean by this the level's geomtry, not the item distribution (there is Toadstool64 for this)
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Dream of Omnimaga

I wouldn't be surprised if there were tools now. I can't see how someone would manage to edit 1 MB or more of 3D level data point by point. But it's possible that the tools are only made by the ones making hacks and not distributed, like how some calc programmers make their own map editors but never release them.

Unicorn

That couldhave been, but the map is still crazy O.o
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Snektron

Well, a simple tool to overwrite some .obj to hex data wouldn't be hard, right?
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Dream of Omnimaga

I guess it depends of the game format. I am curious if one could actually design his maps in Blender?

Snektron

Probably, since you can make blender export plugins. Theres standart .raw which just exports a file with sets of triangles.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Yuki

Last time I checked (and it's been a while), there's Toad's Tool 64 who does the job pretty fine, it's not been updated since a while though, otherwise, I dunno.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

Ah, thanks for the info. At one point I need to learn some 3D, as it could be useful for HP Prime dev, but it could also be handy for computer development and this.

Unicorn

Hmm it would be cool to be able to make 3D images.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???