Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Like/Flag as Abusive buttons require high accuracy

Started by p4nix, October 18, 2015, 10:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

p4nix

As I've mentioned in IRC, I have some troubles with the 'Like' and 'Flag as Abusive' buttons. It's quite easily to hit the wrong button, which isn't very nice. Here's a picture to illustrate my issue:

So, I'm running an Ubuntu with Chromium and I also have tested with Firefox - both have this problem. I'm not sure if this is just me or a bad button design. Maybe you can put a border around it, or add some more whitespace to like? I don't know if it is possible, but maybe also a kind of second verification with another button so that you really can't 'Flag as Abusive' accidently?

Anyway, I try to be more concentrated when hitting 'Like' now :P
  • Calculators owned: fx9860GII (SH4)

Dream of Omnimaga

Hm, after further testing, I noticed that this happens in Opera too. Definitively a serious problem that we need to investigate. I am suspecting that an entire DIV tag is set to be clickable, but that tag happens to be several pixels larger than it should, on the left.

I am unsure how well this can be fixed, but it would definitively help to at least lower the width so that the clickable area only fills the text/icon area. We also plan to move the buttons farther than quote/modify in the future, because in mobile mode they are quite close.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

novenary

Fixed, along with some aesthetics improvements on these buttons. The problem was that it used padding instead of margin in the CSS.

p4nix

It's still not fixed for me somehow. I mean, I'll be careful next time I press 'Like', but...
  • Calculators owned: fx9860GII (SH4)

novenary

Clear your cache or do shift + f5 to reload the CSS.

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Streetwalrus on October 19, 2015, 08:25:46 AM
Fixed, along with some aesthetics improvements on these buttons. The problem was that it used padding instead of margin in the CSS.
Ah that was it? I assumed it was just some div behind the buttons.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U