Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

AdventureWalrus! [CSE] [xlibC]

Started by Unicorn, April 04, 2015, 05:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

I would like to see a game like Burrito BIson Revenge, it'd be very fun! :p
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Snektron

Yeah.

also

Replace all the games with walrii ripoffs!
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

brentmaas

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on April 05, 2015, 08:49:05 AM
Yeah.

also

The Walrii Scrolls confirmed?
Lel I glitched Omni

Unicorn

Cumred, no cookie clicker. It is now time to work on it today!
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on April 05, 2015, 08:49:05 AM
Yeah.

also

Let's not do like with Flappy Bird, though. :P Ideally, too, Walrii-based games should have a certain quality minimum. Eg this particular calc game would be fine since there aren't many similar games available for the CSE, but flooding ticalc.org with 5 different versions of Walrii-based tic-tac-toe games would not. That said, maybe Walrii game ideas should be discussed in a separate topic or in the Walrii fanart thread. :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

We could make a whole Walrii gameback!
A contest where everyone makes games with walrii and then they all get futured in the gamepack!
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

That could work as well, but we would need to make sure to not use any Lbl/Goto so that they can be combined. That said, having them separate would be fine as well, especially with the fact that a game pack would take a lot of space (even more than FF:MF)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

You can even use Goto's with some ASM magic, maybe an app or something :P
Also maybe you can make a walrii subforum when there are getting more walrii games?
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Unicorn

So anyways, I am currently setting up a virtual windows 8 to run tokens...

I wanted to ask, which walrii should I use? Pink, rainbow,or regular?

EDIT: I'll go with regular for now, I might add a feature to change the colors.

Please still suggest stuff though!

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on April 05, 2015, 07:01:10 PM
You can even use Goto's with some ASM magic, maybe an app or something :P
Also maybe you can make a walrii subforum when there are getting more walrii games?
Maybe, but I would prefer not cluttering the board too much.

Unicorn

So, I ran into some problems. How do you export appvars from Tokens? Do I have to throw it into another IDE to export an appvar?

Also, is there any other xlibC tutorials other than the one tr1p1ea wrote on dcs.cemetech.net?

So a pink Walrii?

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

If I remember, there is an option somewhere that lets you edit sprites or tilesets in TokenIDE. In the sprite/image editor you can save as appvars IIRC.

There is no xLIB tutorial, unfortunately.

Unicorn

Anyways, this game is on hold for until I get my new computer and I finish adding new features to Caterite and Cat Nipper.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

What will happen to the project and others if you never get a new computer? Will you quit calculator programming? O.O

Unicorn

I will keep programing this, it will just take a long time as I can't use Token IDE on my home computer. If I quit programming, I will make a formal announcement :P

??? ??? ??? ??? ???