Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Juju's music

Started by Yuki, June 25, 2016, 06:58:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuki

Did you know I do music sometimes? Well now you know. Mostly bad Vocaloid covers.

This time, I saw someone on some Undertale group who liked an edit of the music video for Bad Apple!! and decided to translate it in French, and I was like, yeah, let's do a cover so, after fighting with Reaper and Alter/Ego (which is some sort of VST like Vocaloid but it works slightly differently), heres my version of Bad Apple!! with ALYS.

https://soundcloud.com/juju2143/bad-apple-vf-alys
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

I should really check Alter/Ego, since it seems to be able to do French and also seems free. Anyway I listened to your Bad Apple cover and I think with some equalizing the voice would fit even better. But I guess that can be hard with Vocaloid-like voice.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

Yeah that software is kinda hard to use at first (once you get the hang of it it gets better though), the demo doesn't allow you to save settings and it crashed a lot with some lyrics that I didn't really bother with the details. Maybe next time.

Alter/Ego is free (as in, well, gratis), but ALYS is not, but it's one of those demos it allows you to do everything except saving the settings.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

Dream of Omnimaga

Weird about the crashes. I hope it's not compatibility/stability-related. I might definitively give the software a try at some point. And thanks for clarifying about which software is free or not.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

Speaking of which, I uploaded 2 of my covers on YouTube:

(now with music video with subs!)

(thanks new WAV exporter in PICO-8 0.1.8)
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Dream of Omnimaga

Nice, I didn't know that PICO-8 let you export music. Also I wonder how good one of my songs would sound like with the other PICO-8 instruments.

Yuki

Yeah, it's rather new, 0.1.8 came out today.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh, I read this as 8.0.1, for some reasons, because the 8 turned into a smiley :3=

Yuki

Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Dream of Omnimaga

That was great, although the generated voice at the beginning was kinda weird :P. I also like the guitar.

Yuki

Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Yuki

Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Caleb Hansberry

• Calculators owned: TI-82, TI-83, TI-83+SE, TI-84+SE, TI-85, TI-89, TI-99/4A
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: HP Portable Plus 110, Toshiba T3100, Toshiba T5200, GRiD 1660, TI-99/4A, Apple IIgs, and much more than I can list here

p2

Really like them  :thumbsup:

And I love the video of the "Bad Apple" :D
Isn't there even someone here having the part from 12:59-3:02 as avatar? ^^

• Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

Dream of Omnimaga

At first I was scared I couldn't distinguish any lyrics at all, but then I realized I clicked the French version instead of the ENglish one when I discovered it sounded French. Anyway nice work at making Miku sing French that can be somewhat understood. Also nice song :)

I like the English version as well