Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Ndless 4.0.3 released !

Started by critor, January 02, 2016, 09:22:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

semiprocoder

Also, how do you make it so that pressing escape on the gameboy emulator doesn't restart the calc(thus uninstalling ndless, forcing me to reinstall it every single time)?
  • Calculators owned: ti nspire, ti 84 plus se
My cemetech username is awesommee333.

alexgt

You can't :/ but you could if there is a way to down grade to 3.1 :P
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Vogtinator

Quotethat pressing escape on the gameboy emulator doesn't restart the calc
That shouldn't happen. Which game? Does it work on 3.1, 3.6, 3.9?
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspie CX CAS, Casio FX-85ES

semiprocoder

It does cause it to reboot. I just don't want it to cause I don't feel like reinstalling ndless each time. Its not a big annoyance so I am not complaining, just if there is a way to stop it from rebooting that would be nice.

Dream of Omnimaga

IIRC, the GB emulator uses ASM. Could it be using OS-specific memory addresses?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

alexgt

Dream of Omnimaga

I fixed two of the links in the first post, per Adriweb request. The tutorial link was broken and the file now links to Github.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Lionel Debroux

QuoteNspire OS 5.0 coming out tomorrow, fixing exploit used by Ndless 4.0.3
Not exactly tomorrow, but probably by the end of February, indeed, if their usual timelines (code fix in a matter of days, then a month or so of testing) hold.
Member of the TI-Chess Team.
Co-maintainer of GCC4TI (GCC4TI online documentation), TIEmu and TILP.
Co-admin of TI-Planet.

critor

I've had a look at nClock, and noticed the author hadn't even updated it for Ndless 3.9, the latest version dating from March 2014. :o
So with the help of Vogtinator, we've worked on catching up.

nClock 1.0.7 new features :
  • Full Ndless 4.0.3 support
  • Partial Ndless 3.9 support :
    • TI-Nspire CX CAS 3.9.1
    • TI-Nspire non-CAS 3.9.0

TI-Nspire CX non-CAS 3.9.1 and TI-Nspire CAS 3.9.0 aren't supported for now.

Download : https://tiplanet.org/forum/archives_voir.php?id=4416

alexgt

Nice critor, I use that quite a lot actually ;)

semiprocoder

What can I do? Cause my calc is now stuck at the loading thing after loading the os.

What I did was I installed zlock. Then I accidentally typed in a few random letters, and then pressed enter.
I thus deleted and reinstalled zlock, instead of uninstalling and reinstalling, cause well, idk why.
Then I ran ndless, leading me to a lock screen that I couldn't open.
Finally, I pressed the button on the back, rebooting my calc and going into that screen.

critor

@semiprocoder You have nSonic2MS which, in my opinion, offers you a much better protection than zLock.

Such problem can happen after a crash - it's not specific to Ndless.
You need to run the Diagnostic software :
  • press reset - don't release it
  • press and hold the 3 following keys : [esc] [menu] [minus] - do not release them
  • release the reset button - don't release the 3 keys
  • if the calculator doesn't automatically turn on , press [on]
  • and now you can release everything
The diagnostic software should start immediately and tell you about a GPIO error.
Press [esc] to fix it.
And then, reset. :)

semiprocoder

Thanks it works now! Yay! Thank you so much!

Max Leiter

Maybe its time to get an Nspire, this looks awesome.

Dream of Omnimaga

Keep in mind that TI will most likely block Ndless and downgrades in the next OS release at any moment, though. So make sure to get a calc that runs OS 4.0.3 or lower.