We're on Discord! Please join our server now if you don't want to miss anything! (More info) | Join the UCC4 contest! (More info)

* WalrusIRC & Discord main room

If you have a forum account, have more than 4 posts and are not part of a restricted usergroup, then you can chat in our main Discord server room directly from here and continue using the forums at the same time. Or you can join our server directly and access many more discussion rooms!

Author Topic: Huawei no longer allows unlocking the bootloader  (Read 1021 times)

Offline gameblabla

• Super User
  • Post Rating Ratio: +15/-7
  • TI-nspire porter
Re: Huawei no longer allows unlocking the bootloader
« on: June 08, 2018, 10:10:47 pm »
I really need a new phone, any cheap brand you can recommend?
When looking for a new device, it's best to look at LineageOS's official list of supported devices :
https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/

I think as far cheap brands are concerned, you can't really beat Xiaomi, even though their official ROMs are full of spyware & malware.
I wouldn't recommend their brand-new models as they are fairly slow at releasing kernel source. Seems like the Redmi Note 4 is a good bet as far low end devices are concerned.
Seems like it's fairly expensive on Amazon Canada for some reasons :/

LeEco, even though the company is in a unfortunate state, has official LineageOS and has a good quality price too.
ASUS is also fairly friendly too, so is BQ if you can find them in your country.
If you find old Wileyfox around, it's a good alternative too, as those devices were actually using Cyanogen and too have LineageOS support.
  • Calculators owned: TI Nspire CX, TI-89

You can also use the following HTML or bulletin board code to share it on your page or forum signature!

Also do not forget to check our affiliates below.
Planet Casio TI-Planet Calc.news BroniesQC BosaikNet Velocity Games