We're on Discord! Please join our server now if you don't want to miss anything! (More info) | Join the UCC4 contest! (More info)

* WalrusIRC

You need to have 5 posts and not be part of restricted usergroups in order to use the WalrusIRC embedded shoutbox. However, you can also access our IRC channel called #CodeWalrus via EFnet.

Author Topic: Twitter is giving the death sentence to third party clients  (Read 641 times)

Offline Lionel Debroux

• Full User
  • Post Rating Ratio: +11/-0
    • debrouxl
    • 58/5891
For a while, I used Choqok, which is far more convenient than the standard browser-based client (I don't have a smartphone) because it makes it possible to store large - and even insanely large - amounts of contents for later reading. I gave up on most of Twitter altogether, because I was drowning in content, but I miss some aspects of the Choqok experience.
It's sad to see that they're attacking third-party clients again...

Ads aren't an issue with uBlock Origin. In general, ad blocking, besides removing often uninteresting and always distracting content, is also a must for security, as ads were shown multiple times to be an attack vector.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 08:58:56 pm by Lionel Debroux »
Member of the TI-Chess Team.
Co-maintainer of GCC4TI (GCC4TI online documentation), TIEmu and TILP.
Co-admin of TI-Planet.

You can also use the following HTML or bulletin board code to share it on your page or forum signature!

Also do not forget to check our affiliates below.
Planet Casio TI-Planet Calc.news BroniesQC BosaikNet Velocity Games