Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Nspire CX 4.5 Can't run anything past ndless installation <fixed<

Started by boogyboy, January 08, 2018, 10:45:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boogyboy

Hey, so I have recently acquired a Ti Nspire CX version 4.5.0 And it sure wasn't just to make calculations and functions and whatever.
Though after figuring out how to install the application runner, Ndless, No .tns files will open no matter what I do.

I was sure I installed the right version because it was the only installer that would open on the calculator.
So I decided to try uninstalling the version I got to install a different one, but believe it or not the tns file that holds the ability to uninstall the Ndless version I am currently running would not open.

"The document format is not supported 'tns app name here'" Is the error message it gives me, every single time, with every file I try to open.
I don't know if it has to do with my version of the calculator or the files I'm trying to run, but weirdly enough I have found no similar problem on the internet so far similar to mine.

Anybody have any idea what may be occurring to make this happen?
  • Calculators owned: TI Nspire CX
bababOoey

Dream of Omnimaga

@critor or @Adriweb might be able to help you. Unfortunately, I haven't used a TI-Nspire in about 2+ years so I don't remember what is the latest OS that supported Ndless and what was the latest version of Ndless.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

critor

Do you currently have an "Ndless installed !" message in green on the home screen ?

boogyboy

Quote from: critor on January 09, 2018, 05:34:39 PM
Do you currently have an "Ndless installed !" message in green on the home screen ?
Indeed I do.
bababOoey

boogyboy

Quote from: xlibman on January 09, 2018, 05:30:14 PM
@critor or @Adriweb might be able to help you. Unfortunately, I haven't used a TI-Nspire in about 2+ years so I don't remember what is the latest OS that supported Ndless and what was the latest version of Ndless.
Do I just message them the jist of the problem then or wait for them to reply to this forum?
bababOoey

Lionel Debroux

Ndless 4.5 should have worked for OS 4.5, yeah.

Which date code can you see on the back of your calculator ? It's at the right of the serial number, 1 letter (factory code) + 4 figures (MMYY) + 0, 1 or 2 letters (hardware revision, recent Nspire CX / CX CAS calculators have 2 letters).
Member of the TI-Chess Team.
Co-maintainer of GCC4TI (GCC4TI online documentation), TIEmu and TILP.
Co-admin of TI-Planet.

critor

Quote from: boogyboy on January 10, 2018, 08:38:50 PM
Indeed I do.

Perfect, then Ndless is installed and active.
Which files are you trying to open directly ?

boogyboy

Quote from: critor on January 10, 2018, 10:33:07 PM
Quote from: boogyboy on January 10, 2018, 08:38:50 PM
Indeed I do.

Perfect, then Ndless is installed and active.
Which files are you trying to open directly ?
the Cave Story port https://github.com/gameblabla/nxengine-nspire
And nQuake http://www.omnimaga.org/ti-nspire-projects/so-i-am-porting-that-first-person-shooter-to-the-nspire/
as well as a couple other things, though each give the same error.
bababOoey

boogyboy

Quote from: Lionel Debroux on January 10, 2018, 09:00:15 PM
Ndless 4.5 should have worked for OS 4.5, yeah.

Which date code can you see on the back of your calculator ? It's at the right of the serial number, 1 letter (factory code) + 4 figures (MMYY) + 0, 1 or 2 letters (hardware revision, recent Nspire CX / CX CAS calculators have 2 letters).
2269019631 P-0613K
Those are the numbers and such on the bottom of the back.
bababOoey

boogyboy

Quick update guys, started working suddenly.
Ndless disappeared when i opened it this morning, so i decided to re install the newest version and now everything works including the two apps from the links i put.
guess i must have just installed it wrong the first time.
bababOoey

Dream of Omnimaga

Awesome to see it's working well now :D, have fun with Ndless!
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U