Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Ti-BASIC nSpire CAS issue

Started by geekpersonman, November 11, 2017, 10:00:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geekpersonman

Hello,
I have been trying to write a nSpire function in TI-BASIC to automate newton's method, but I have run in to troubles trying to get it to work like a lot of native nspire functions where one argument is an expression and the other is the variable you want the function to look at. It will only accept a variable to look at only if I define it explicitly as a local, but it can choose between all the ones I have created as locals, it is a little hard to explain, so I will put the code below (f is a function (as a string), var is variable, s is the start point, I is the iterations):
Define LibPub nmethd(f,var,s,i)=
Func
:Local g,gg,lin,ni,k
:k:=string(var)
:expr(f)→g
:ni:=floor(i)
:gg:=d(g,var)
:Local x,y,θ,t  © I don't want to have to put every possible variable you can use on this line, if I don't include it, it brings up an error
:#k:=s
:lin:=s-((expr(f))/(expr(string(gg))))
:If i=1 Then
:  Return lin
:Else
:  nmethd(f,var,lin,i-1)
:EndIf
:EndFunc

Dream of Omnimaga

Hm I wonder if @Adriweb might know? Not many people ask or do Nspire Basic in the last few years it seems.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U