Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

CE OS 5.3 Changelog

Started by Adriweb, July 03, 2017, 09:32:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kotu

Quote from: c4ooo on July 06, 2017, 04:32:15 PM
Quote from: xlibman on July 06, 2017, 04:01:51 PM
Nah he only started it after he got warned for trying to make us write his games/software for him and being rude so he's doing it as revenge tactic

As proof, he downvoted one of c4ooo's post twice  and he downvoted the first post of this topic as well
I didnt even know the same person could downvote/upvote the same post twice O.o

Anyways, i am quite curious as to why TI decided to all of a sudden put a lot of effort into the OS (Especially the running archived programs feature). More publicity i guess?

Maybe they just wanna support the dev community better??
  • Calculators owned: TI 84+CE-T
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3
SUBSCRIBE TO THE FUTURERAVE.UK MAILING LIST
http://futurerave.uk

Dream of Omnimaga

@c4ooo you can upvote or downvote once every 24 hour, regardless of if it's the same post or not.

@kotu probably both the community and students. In hi school, I remember having to repeatedly explain to other students what does the asterix icon next to programs meant and why all of a sudden one of their game said "ERR:ARCHIVED". Also, given how the TI-89, 92+ and Voyage 200 had the ability to run programs directly from archive, there was no point in restricting the TI-83+, 84+, 84+CSE and 84+CE from doing so, other than artificially making the calculator inferior to its 68K/Nspire counterparts to increase sales for the more expensive models. With the Nspire being less popular and 68K calcs being mostly dead, TI no longer has any reason to restrict archived program execution on lower-end models.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

ordelore

Do C programs work largely unchanged? Or will the include files need to be slightly altered?
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+SE, TI_Nspire CX
Calc Wars is still alive (I hope)

c4ooo

Quote from: ordelore on July 08, 2017, 02:28:57 PM
Do C programs work largely unchanged? Or will the include files need to be slightly altered?
There shouldn't be need for any change.