Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Final Monthly CW Project(s) Award Poll now up. Vote now!

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, June 01, 2017, 01:29:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

The June 2017 Monthly CW Project Award survey is now up, with 18 eligible projects to vote for. Unfortunately, the bad news is that this award will be the last, as the Monthly CW Project Award is being discontinued due to personal matters.
Edit by aeTIos: The monthly award will continue, albeit in slightly different form. Keep an eye on the news.
Here is the project list below:

(83+/84+) Driller Knight
(83+/84+) Puzzler's Sudoku
(83+/84+) Raiders: A Zelda-Like game
(84+CE) 3D rendering of simple objects in TI-BASIC
(84+CE) AspirinCE
(84+CE) Dragon Warrior
(84+CE) File Manager in TI-BASIC
(84+CE) Oiram CE
(84+CE) The Game of Finding Free Wifi
(84+CE) TI-Planet CE C Project Builder
(Casio) libcarrot - fxlib Alternative
(Colecovision) Copyright Infrigment: The Regressive Right (NSFW)
(PC) Chess
(PC) Platformer V2
(PC) Superstar Hero
(Web) Java code to spellcheck via google
(Hardware) Juju's Arcade Cabinet
(Hardware) RPN-Calculator

As always, all entries are competing against each others, regardless of the platform. Have you spotted projects this month that you think are more notable in particular or that you liked in particular? Select four (4) options in the poll attached to this topic (requires 20 posts) then click Submit! And don't forget to visit each topic again to give authors encouragements and suggestions!

There will be no tie-breaker poll this time around, regardless of how many projects finish with the highest vote count.

You have You have until June 7th to vote, so hurry up before it's too late!
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

• Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

_iPhoenix_

Quote from: Unicorn on June 01, 2017, 04:20:17 AM
Oh, I'm quite bummed this is the last... :(

Agreed. I bet that community members could keep it coming...
  • Calculators owned: Two TI-84+ CE's
Please spam here: https://legend-of-iphoenix.github.io/spam/

"walruses are better than tuxedo chickens, all hail the great :walrii:" ~ me
Evolution of my avatar:

aetios

It's not the last. Not sure why @xlibman wrote that. We will probably be going through some format changes to reduce the load on staff, but it won't be over :). I have updated the OP to reflect this staff decision.
ceci n'est pas une signature

Unicorn

Quote from: aeTIos on June 01, 2017, 11:34:27 AM
It's not the last. Not sure why @xlibman wrote that. We will probably be going through some format changes to reduce the load on staff, but it won't be over :). I have updated the OP to reflect this staff decision.
As discussed on IRC, I would be up to keeping the award going myself, if you guys needed the help.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Yuki

Quote from: aeTIos on June 01, 2017, 11:34:27 AM
As far as I know, it will be the last @xlibman will be in charge of, hence the final. Since then, the rest of the staff and other members were interested to take the award in charge, but it may indeed see a format change, so it may the final award as we know it. Anyway, more on that later.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

@aeTIos the reason why I wrote that is because in the last 7 years, whenever I was in charge of a special Omnimaga or CodeWalrus event, not even one person, with the exception of the TI-Planet staff in 2011-13 for the Omnimaga Nspire news, ever offered any help, even after I was forced to step down. So I figured that if I was forced to withdraw from the Monthly CW award that this pretty much guaranteed its death.

I am surprised Unicorn or anyone else offered to take over, considering past experiences. Thanks a lot, though, I just kinda wish this had happened with past events or newsing (which I stopped a long while ago) too. But yeah, this is likely the final award in its current form since the format I saw described in the staff TG group seemed different (from what I gather, people will have to submit their projects in order to be eligible)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

p2

this is a different community dj, a much better one <3

also meh... first time Walrus Kingdom wasn't in the voting...
But I still plan on continuing it in 2 months ^^
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

Yuki

Yeah, this was surprising to me as well, in the last few years no one seemed to help for anything, so yeah, that's probably the reaction anyone would have in this situation.

I like the idea people would have to sign up to be eligible, as it would heavily cut down the time needed to hunt down all those projects.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: p2 on June 01, 2017, 08:12:57 PM
this is a different community dj, a much better one <3

also meh... first time Walrus Kingdom wasn't in the voting...
But I still plan on continuing it in 2 months ^^
I had the same problem on CW p2, with calc  newsing <_<. Just check the news queue topic

c4ooo

I have noticed how usually it says "you should pick at least X entries" but now it says "you can pick X max"; lol.
Anyways, so is @aeTIos going to continue this? Personally i think making a list of all projects seen during the month is a good idea, even if you dont vote on them  :thumbsup:

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah it was probably a typo before. There was always a maximum to choose from. The only difference is that for this particular poll, if two entries finish with the highest amount of point then they all win with no tie-breaker.

_iPhoenix_

Side note: is it possible for the number of monthly / yearly awards won to be shown somewhere? I can go digging and find old stats, if needed.
  • Calculators owned: Two TI-84+ CE's
Please spam here: https://legend-of-iphoenix.github.io/spam/

"walruses are better than tuxedo chickens, all hail the great :walrii:" ~ me
Evolution of my avatar:

Unicorn

Quote from: _iPhoenix_ on June 03, 2017, 12:29:38 AM
Side note: is it possible for the number of monthly / yearly awards won to be shown somewhere? I can go digging and find old stats, if needed.
That would actually be interesting

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

aetios

:ninja:
Quote from: c4ooo on June 02, 2017, 01:36:00 AM
I have noticed how usually it says "you should pick at least X entries" but now it says "you can pick X max"; lol.
Anyways, so is @aeTIos going to continue this? Personally i think making a list of all projects seen during the month is a good idea, even if you dont vote on them  :thumbsup:
Most likely we're gonna ask people to enter their project into the contest if they want to participate - unlike @xlibman I don't really have the time (and mainly motivation ehehe ^^') to round up every updated project of the last month :') Either way the format won't change very significantly otherwise. Watch the upcoming news articles for updates.
ceci n'est pas une signature