Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

File manager

Started by Alvajoy123, May 01, 2017, 02:16:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alvajoy123

Working on file manager for to CE calulators  :thumbsup:
Sorry everyone I have not been able to be on codewalrus for a long time but I will be updating my theards and sorry right now I am not on my computer so it's not a good picture  :(  :(
Here a look  :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+CE
The maker of Xenon.

_iPhoenix_

This appears to be in BASIC, which is cool!

I suggest you make it such that all files are created while the program is running (so all data is viewable by the program), then the data is stored in lists, which are archived when the program is quit.

Otherwise, you will need an extensive array of ASM scripts, enough that it may be worth it to write this in ASM, but there aren't any good ez80 ASM tutorials.

I would really like to see how this turns out! This is quite ambitious, (but not impossible, I don't think) and if you need any help with this, feel free to ask!
  • Calculators owned: Two TI-84+ CE's
Please spam here: https://legend-of-iphoenix.github.io/spam/

"walruses are better than tuxedo chickens, all hail the great :walrii:" ~ me
Evolution of my avatar:

xMarminq_

+1 graph always looks nice. Keep it up!
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84 Plus CE, Ti-84 Plus (can be borrowed from my school)
I don't associate with associations

Alvajoy123

file manager v1.0 next week sunday
there are some things i need to work on
like the word doc writer
Spoiler
:w00t: in v2.0 there may be a mouse pointer :w00t:
[close]

Quote from: xMarminq_ on May 04, 2017, 12:09:41 AM
+1 graph always looks nice. Keep it up!
thanks a lot i will

Edit by p2: fixed doublepost
The maker of Xenon.

Dream of Omnimaga

I wonder how the mouse pointer will be handled
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

_iPhoenix_

That's (relatively) easy.

Have a subprogram with a bunch of commands that draw pixels at, say:
(A, B)
(A+1, B)
Where A and B are the coordinates of the cursor.

I recommend reading this book, it has an in-depth description on the specifics.
Although it is for the wrong calculator, it is a very good resource (I own it myself, and it got me into calc programming).

Evolution of my avatar:

Alvajoy123

v1.0
Hello everyone um just to say task is done for file manager
The some cool I added to file manager
:w00t:
Spoiler
file manager now has cmd fm (command prompt file manager). What is this you are asking? You can input commands to allow it to do things for you such as displaying task and much more more is on the way. one more thing how do you input on the graph screen (to allow users to get input/write) ?
[close]
:w00t:
The maker of Xenon.

_iPhoenix_

Can we have some visuals/source?

Evolution of my avatar:

Alvajoy123

Quote from: _iPhoenix_ on May 14, 2017, 12:28:46 AM
Can we have some visuals/source?
Yes you can I will give u some on Sunday 5/14/17 @5:00 PM
*☘☘☘
The maker of Xenon.

Alvajoy123

Sorry i could upload the images on 5/14/17.
This is how it looks like
and the cursor on the menu can move 

what i need to work on
: task
: program
: word doc

This the start screen on cmd
you can use command using a string

if Str0="(command)":(what command does)

??? there was a big problem and my calc reset (i dont know how to use Textlib) ???
but i back up everything so i can still work on it :)

the program will be ready in 3 weeks am say this because my state test are coming :(
The maker of Xenon.

p2

pleeeease avoid doing 2 or even 3 posts in a row in a single topic.
There's a modify button above your last post. Use it!
It's 100% free to use and I'd be really really grateful if you did x.x
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

Dream of Omnimaga

I agree with p2, especially that we told you multiple times already. Anyway it's always a good thing to backup every 10 minutes when using libs like Textlib or languages like Axe/ICE, since there's no error check like in TI-BASIC. I am surprised you managed to get Textlib to crash, though. I never had this happen in the entire time I used it, even though I abused the hell out of it and circumvented its limitations in every way possible O.O
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Alvajoy123

Quote from: p2 on May 16, 2017, 07:47:00 AM
pleeeease avoid doing 2 or even 3 posts in a row in a single topic.
There's a modify button above your last post. Use it!
It's 100% free to use and I'd be really really grateful if you did x.x
Ok I will not do it again
The maker of Xenon.

p2

Actually it's fine to do it, but only if there's 24 hours between the posts ;)
but if you forgot to add something to the last post, simply use the edit button  :thumbsup:
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

_iPhoenix_

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 16, 2017, 09:59:31 PM
I agree with p2, especially that we told you multiple times already. Anyway it's always a good thing to backup every 10 minutes when using libs like Textlib or languages like Axe/ICE, since there's no error check like in TI-BASIC. I am surprised you managed to get Textlib to crash, though. I never had this happen in the entire time I used it, even though I abused the hell out of it and circumvented its limitations in every way possible O.O

I thought my 2 daily backups were frequent...

I have a similar story; I backup twice daily due to me pushing/abusing/tormenting/working magic with/doing evil with/ignoring BASIC's limits.

Also, managed to crash my calc within 30 seconds of owning it... (I STILL have no clue how I did it...)

Evolution of my avatar: