Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Ndless 4.4 release

Started by critor, January 22, 2017, 11:06:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Ah ok. I guess OS 3.1 users can just download the old Ndless from TI-Planet archives then. Not that many uses it anymore but 3.1 took less memory and did not require nLaunchy in order to be reboot-proof.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

xMarminq_

The only thing TI can do is make the new nSpire have to charge, with the charger only being ale to charge with an ethernet cable  ;)
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84 Plus CE, Ti-84 Plus (can be borrowed from my school)
I don't associate with associations

novenary

Quote from: lazydogP on January 23, 2017, 11:36:41 PM
Well, since ndless_resources has merged, it does have syscalls of OS 3.1, but there's no more installer.
It seems that the only way to use the latest Ndless in OS 3.1 is nLaunchy.
I'm pretty sure it still works with the old installer. You should be able to install an older revision then upgrade by dropping the newer resources file in place. I personally don't care since I use nlaunchy to run a CAS OS anyway. :P

Vogtinator

Quote from: lazydogP on January 23, 2017, 11:36:41 PM
However, it's not as stable as the older one. When you open a document with Lua codes, Nspire crashes and reboots. I don't know whether it's because of Ndless or nLaunchy.

That's not supposed to happen! Can you reliably reproduce the issue? Which OS are you running (CAS)?
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspie CX CAS, Casio FX-85ES

Legimet

There is also a stack alignment issue with OS 3.1. If you run newlib.tns (from the Ndless samples), the float will not print correctly because of that.

Adriweb

Can't reproduce the lua-script-crash bug either, here, on both my CX and CX CAS :/
Any more info about the context of the crash?
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-Nspire CX, TI-Nspire CAS (x3), TI-Nspire (x2), TI-Nspire CM-C CAS, TI-Nspire CAS+, TI-80, TI-82 Stats.fr, TI-82 Plus, TI-83 Plus, TI-83 Plus.fr USB, TI-84+, TI-84+ Pocket SE, TI-84+ C Silver Edition, TI-84 Plus CE, TI-89 Titanium, TI-86, TI-Voyage 200, TI-Collège Plus, TI-Collège Plus Solaire, 3 HP, some Casios
Co-founder & co-administrator of TI-Planet and Inspired-Lua

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: xMarminq_ on January 24, 2017, 01:47:20 PM
The only thing TI can do is make the new nSpire have to charge, with the charger only being ale to charge with an ethernet cable  ;)
Personally I think they will just try to continue changing the hardware without people noticing while also adding extra protections against Ndless. Also I think they made Nspire calcs that cannot be opened, right?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

critor

A little update.
There is now a newer Ndless installer for classic TI-Nspire running OS 3.9.0.

It is based on more recent Ndless 4 installers and thus doesn't require an USB connection anymore.
You can now reinstall Ndless 3.9 in any situation directly from your own calculator ! :)

Moreover, the previous 3.9.0 installer wasn't compatible with TI-Nspire TouchPad calculators.
If your TI-Nspire TouchPad was already running OS 3.9 then you had a huge problem, not being able to install Ndless, not being able to upgrade to 4.x, and not being able to easily downgrade to 3.6.
The newer installer is now fully compatible with all TI-Nspire ClickPad and TI-Nspire TouchPad calculators ! :)

Download + source : https://github.com/ndless-nspire/Ndless/releases/tag/v4.4

p3n4

Would Ndless actually work on an Emulator?

Legimet

novenary

The main point of the emulator is being able to debug ndless programs actually, otherwise TI's software provides the same functionality as the calculator, and a Lua development kit.

Dream of Omnimaga

Nice to see those 3.9 issues fixed critor :). Good job, as always. :)

lazydogP

@Vogtinator @Adriweb Here's the detail.

Model: CX CAS -> CX-C CAS(Well, that's not the case)
Ndless r2004(for OS 4.2)
nLaunchy 2.7(compatible with OS 4.2)

Documents without Lua codes work fine, but the ones with Lua codes cause the calculator crash and reboot. No Ndless program was run before. Sending a new OS 3.1 doesn't help.
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS(used most often), Casio fx-9860GII SD, TI-Nspire CAS with Touchpad, Casio fx-991CN X, Casio fx-82MS, HP 39GS(rarely used)
Need to buy more calculators.
Busy with study but trying to come here every day.

lazydogP

Now I've sucessfully reproduced the crash, and here's the procedure.
1. Create a flash file in Firebird without OS, so nLaunchy can be installed later.
2. Boot up the calculator and it prompts "install an OS". Instead, send other necessary files("nlaunch.tns", "phoenix.tns" from OS 3.1, "ndless_resources.tns" and a document with Lua code).
3. Send nlaunch.tcc and here we go.
4. On the calculator, open the document with Lua code.

And here comes the error on serial messages:
Warning (106a68d4): Data abort: address=000000cd status=01 instruction at 106a68d4
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS(used most often), Casio fx-9860GII SD, TI-Nspire CAS with Touchpad, Casio fx-991CN X, Casio fx-82MS, HP 39GS(rarely used)
Need to buy more calculators.
Busy with study but trying to come here every day.