Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

A new Casio PRIZM calculator: The fx-CG50

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, January 14, 2017, 03:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmazoNKA

Thanks for all the updates and trying. I started and then postponed fixing a few of my addins for fx-cg 50 too. Emulator cost is one problem I'm facing and lack of experience with linux prevents me from being able to restart the demo - in fact on some of the machines where previous fx-cg 20 demo expired I wasn't able to start new fx-cg 50 emulated not even once

critor

You don't really need the new fx-CG50 emulator, as it is not accurate and just seems to emulate the older fx-CG20 hardware/behaviour.
Most addins work on the new emulator although they don't on real hardware.

If you've got something to test, just share it. I'll gladly do it. :)

AmazoNKA

Makes sense that it is pretty useless for most add-ins as long as I have old emulator working - i only needed it for a few addins of mine like pokemon+ because it uses native os main menu background which now completely changed between fx-cg20 and new fx-cg50 versions becoming white vs black and so on. The other add-in i relied on black main menu background was my g-plus addin which was putting current time in the status bar of main menu and also launching most built in apps with the time display in the status bar. I made some progress fixxing everything for the new hardware but will have to work more on them to finish.

If compiling of gbl08ma's eigenmath becomes possible on windows i will definitely try and debug it for fx-cg50 - maybe one of the online compiling tools can be tweaked to compile such projects to make further development of gbl08ma's add-ins possible on any pc be it linux or windows - I know nothing about linux and will be greatful if someone makes those addins compilable on Windows please

critor

The fx-CG50 / Graph 90+E does crash with both release and development builds of eigenmath.

It's reproducible :
- no USB connection
- reset eigenmath (delete folder - empty history)
- reset calculator
- run eigenmath
- type (x+1)^2 with the [x²] key
- type (x-1)^3

With the development build, the PC/target values are always the same :

With the release build, the values are slightly different but it still crashes :

Dream of Omnimaga

So the fx-CG50 is $150 in Canada, $20 more than the fx-CG10, which remained frozen at $130 ever since it came out no matter the exchange rate. This seems on-par with the MSRP of USD$130 announced at some places before and it's actually cheaper than the monochrome TI-84+.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Jemons

I am surprised the price is so expensive...
  • Calculators owned: TI-92, TI-82, PS-3960i, PS-6700, HP 48G+, TI-30X IIS, SHARP ELSI MATE EL-1611, SHARP ELSI MATE EL-310M, CASIO FX-300MS, Valentina the Bear...Wait,
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: iPhone 3GS (Broken), iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5Sx2, iPhone 6, iPhone 6S, SNES, NES Classic Edition, PS3, New 2DS XL, New 3DS XL, New 3DS, 3DS XL, 2DS, DSx2, DS Litex4, DSix4, DSi XL, PSPx3, PSVita, Xbox 360x2, Wii U, Wii, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocketx2, Gameboy Colourx2, Gameboy Advance, Gameboy Advance SPx2, Gameboy Micro, Nexus 7 (Broken), iPod Nano (4th, 5th, 6th and 7th generation), iPod Touch (1st and 4th generation), iPod Video (Broken), iPod Shuffle (2nd and 4thx2 generation),
Why are you reading this? Ohhh, right... This is my signature.

Sent from my iPhone

Dream of Omnimaga

Calzcs are overpriced compared to their hardware specs.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

critor

@AmazoNKA and @gbl08ma
Now that OS 3.10 update is available for both fx-CG50 an fx-CG10/20, is it possible to check back what's wrong with Eigenmath and other add-ins ?

Thanks.