Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Oiram levels

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, January 06, 2017, 01:37:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Cool! I'll check it out soon. Any screenshot?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

xMarminq_

Doesn't seem to work. TI hates fan games :/
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84 Plus CE, Ti-84 Plus (can be borrowed from my school)
I don't associate with associations

p4nix

Quote from: xMarminq_ on January 07, 2017, 04:37:56 PM
Doesn't seem to work. TI hates fan games :/
That has nothing to do with making a screenshot though :P
You probably need an emulator like CEmu for that. I'm not a TI user tho.
  • Calculators owned: fx9860GII (SH4)

critor

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on January 07, 2017, 04:33:23 PM
Quote from: xMarminq_ on January 07, 2017, 04:32:05 PM
Here's the first level in my pack. There are many 1ups to prepare you for the harder levels. Enjoy!
Cool! I'll check it out soon. Any screenshot?

Here's your screenshot :

It's huge and looks great ! :D

xMarminq_

Just the first level. Ask for permission first, I want to keep secret passages secret. Thanks for the screenshot!  :thumbsup:

critor

Does the image show which passage links to which other one ?

No intention of spoiling the level.
It's just my way of promoting your work, of making people wanting to play it, of showing you that I do appreciate your huge work.

For the moment there are very few custom levels. But when there'll be more of them, how do you want players to choose your level if they don't have a preview of the map ?

I've never asked for permission for freely sharing (and correctly crediting) screenshots of something which is already available online for free, whether it is a game level, a game or a program, screenshots that anybody can take here by just opening the file in the editor. It didn't even come to my mind that you wouldn't be happy with this.

If the problem is that, in your opinion, the screen is showing too many non displayable details, then we need some kind of an "export PNG map" feature in the level editor, which is going to generate a clean image (without the non-displayable informations). I'll then be able to use it.

Or you may want a 'password' feature in the editor too, in order to protect the level so that nobody else is going to be able to open it, whether it is for modifying it, checking the secrets, or taking a screenshot.

xMarminq_

Got it. But @MateoConLechuga has too much on his hands already

p4nix

This is why it's your time to shine and learn C in order to fork the Oiram level editor and Oiram itself ;)
Also, unless the level format is encrypted (omg, please don't do that) it will still be able to 'break' in without knowing the password.
  • Calculators owned: fx9860GII (SH4)

Lionel Debroux

Using passwords or encryption to protect level contents would buy nothing but complexity, indeed.
Member of the TI-Chess Team.
Co-maintainer of GCC4TI (GCC4TI online documentation), TIEmu and TILP.
Co-admin of TI-Planet.

PT_

Have fun, playing this one!  ;D

xMarminq_

Pt_ why is it called idiot?  :-|
Your level just crashed me D:

xMarminq_

New level, if you can finish the first one

Adriweb

Quote from: p4nix on January 07, 2017, 05:54:40 PMThis is why it's your time to shine and learn C in order to fork the Oiram level editor and Oiram itself ;)
C++ with Qt, actually.
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-Nspire CX, TI-Nspire CAS (x3), TI-Nspire (x2), TI-Nspire CM-C CAS, TI-Nspire CAS+, TI-80, TI-82 Stats.fr, TI-82 Plus, TI-83 Plus, TI-83 Plus.fr USB, TI-84+, TI-84+ Pocket SE, TI-84+ C Silver Edition, TI-84 Plus CE, TI-89 Titanium, TI-86, TI-Voyage 200, TI-Collège Plus, TI-Collège Plus Solaire, 3 HP, some Casios
Co-founder & co-administrator of TI-Planet and Inspired-Lua

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Lionel Debroux on January 07, 2017, 06:06:39 PM
Using passwords or encryption to protect level contents would buy nothing but complexity, indeed.
And someone will make a password decrypter or Action Replay thing sooner or later. IIRC there's a tool like that for Sam Heald's Mario levels somewhere on ticalc.org.

Also @xMarminq_ your level looks fun :)

EDIT: By the way, because Oiram level editor doesn't require the player to beat the level before saving it (unlike Mario Maker), make sure your levels are beatable before posting them, unless they're sandbox style levels not intended to be beaten or something (but make sure to mark them as such if that's the case).
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dream of Omnimaga

This is a screenshot of the first level in my pack, which now has three levels. The bottom hole is now two blocks large, though, as Mario got stuck in it otherwise when trying to get out.

It's inspired from the last room in the Sunken Ship in Mario World.  Thanks again Mateo for repairing my file. :) Also I'll try your levels guys later :)