Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[TI-84+CE] Oiram CE

Started by MateoConLechuga, September 10, 2016, 07:24:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Woah that speed is amazing O.O. Also while Mario walking speed is quite off, his walking at that speed is funny XD :3=
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

MateoConLechuga

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on November 26, 2016, 05:55:14 PM
Woah that speed is amazing O.O. Also while Mario walking speed is quite off, his walking at that speed is funny XD :3=
Yeah I fixed that :P

Anywho, some screenshot updates since I don't want to describe stuff :P

xMarminq_

Are you planning to have a linear level path for a story mode type thing, or is it like Mario Maker for the CE? Could you add possibility of importing levels too?
What is the current size?
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84 Plus CE, Ti-84 Plus (can be borrowed from my school)
I don't associate with associations

MateoConLechuga

1) Yes I'm planning a computer side and later on-calc editor; it won't have a storyline; but rather just different levels and the ability to import any custom ones you want.

2) The current size not including sprite data and just pure code is around 21K. I should be able to keep it under 40K, perhaps 30K with some optimizations. It has two external archived appvars whose sizes are undetermined to hold all the sprite data; but together shouldn't be more than 90K once done.

p2

that really looks great, I wish I had a CE to try it out... >.<
that speed is impressie and I really LOVE that cute ghost ^.^  :love:
great work!  :thumbsup:
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

MateoConLechuga

Added flying koopas and star power; plus a not-so-secret easter egg :P (you have to figure out how to unlock it though :P)

Dream of Omnimaga

Lol I like it :D. I wonder how the full-size :walrii: would fit, even if it overlapped on the rest. :P

By the way, will the star and enemy death animations when knocked out with a shell be the same as in SMB3?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

MateoConLechuga

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on November 29, 2016, 01:17:32 AMBy the way, will the star and enemy death animations when knocked out with a shell be the same as in SMB3?
Nah I was planning on just having a poof. I know it isn't as cool looking; but when a bunch of things start flying around like that it kind of makes my eyes hurt. I'm not even sure if I will make the score appear in the main screen; perhaps just in the bottom portion.

Unicorn

Quote from: MateoConLechuga on November 29, 2016, 01:14:45 AM
Added flying koopas and star power; plus a not-so-secret easter egg :P (you have to figure out how to unlock it though :P)

So, uh...

Unicorn Easter Egg?

* Unicorn hides

Jokes aside, awesome job! Could you maybe make the sprite have rainbows instead of flickering?
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: MateoConLechuga on November 29, 2016, 01:23:42 AM
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on November 29, 2016, 01:17:32 AMBy the way, will the star and enemy death animations when knocked out with a shell be the same as in SMB3?
Nah I was planning on just having a poof. I know it isn't as cool looking; but when a bunch of things start flying around like that it kind of makes my eyes hurt. I'm not even sure if I will make the score appear in the main screen; perhaps just in the bottom portion.
Ah ok. As for the bottom, I think this should be more full-screen than split-screen, else it kinda looks weird. If speed is a major issue, then what I recommend doing is removing 5 colums of tiles on each side and adding a few extra rows at the top. The game would not take the full screen width, but it would take a larger portion of the screen vertically and the gameplay area would be closer to the original. For example, if you had a 240x192 resolution including the HUD (32 pixels height), then that's almost the same amount of tiles to display at once and the resolution wouldn't be too far from SNES/NES resolution. The SNES was 256x224, yet some games didn't use all of it (I think Final Fantasy III was 240 pixels large)

xMarminq_

Just make settings for formats n' crap so we all have what we want.
:thumbsup:

tr1p1ea

I guess the issue is with performance and having a similar layout to original games.

The problem with performance is that it may run well with carefully designed levels, but when users are creating levels with too many enemies and such could kill gameplay - with an extra half of the screen even more so.

I think some static 'update when needed' information could be displayed on the bottom half to great effect. Lives, coins, world, powerups, timer etc would be perfect imo

xMarminq_

Or have limits to enemies and blocks or settings to reduce lag, like stopping some animations and formatting

MateoConLechuga

Added some more things:

Also, animations do not slow the program down at all ;)

p2

Just how often do you want me to press the +1 button here... <_<  :ninja:
nah jk, it looks really nice (as always), I really like it :)

how comes there's absolutely no slowdown through animations...? (how did you do that? can you explain it a little bit? I'm curious) ^^
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)