Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Two songs (and some unfinished work) I never posted here

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, February 26, 2015, 03:05:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Since I lack an album artwork for my stalled 32 bit power metal album started months ago, I never posted the two following songs on Bandcamp. I believe I posted the RN links on Omnimaga but I never really did it here.

A few months ago I released the song Destination 1999 A.D, inspired heavily from F-Zero X (N64) music, most notably the Silence track. I had that idea in my head since playing the game but never thought about putting it into an actual song because it would have been too short. However, when I decided to finally do it in 2014, I decided to add some scary intro at the beginning. The song is fairly simple in structure, though, but you can listen to it here:

http://www.reverbnation.com/djomnimaga/song/21494682-destination-1999-ad

The other one is another idea I had in my head for a while, using inspiration from Sonata Arctica (verses and the intro) and some ideas I had in my head for over a decade (the chorus), which finally became a thing. It's called Elemental Cross:

http://www.reverbnation.com/djomnimaga/song/21479998-elemental-cross

Unfortunately, my last three songs, including the song called Unfinished (which is part of the album) were met with mixed reception on Omni back then (mostly structure and questioning the music genre), so I lost interest then switched back to UK hardcore. I have since worked on new stuff, though, so who knows, maybe this album will see the light of the day at one point? I would really need an album cover, though (I could recycle one from my past albums, though). Also this album will most likely be shorter, like the last two Sabaton albums or the one by Twilight Force.

Among stuff I have been working on in recent months, here are small samples of unfinished songs:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=PsxUcGtWTac

• Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

• Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

• Calculators owned: A lot.

Dream of Omnimaga

Lol thanks, but I doubt I'll finish the chiptunes ones since I just wanted to see how some of my songs would sound like in 8-bit form. :P I will probably try to finish the rest, though.

So far for the 3rd metal album I have the following songs or unfinished works and if I get inspiration for all ideas I had, then the album will probably have 8 songs. I had an idea for an Albion-like song for the first or second track, a slower song idea like Sabaton, the three song previews I posted above, Unfinished and the two RN tracks.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U