Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Cards Against TI community suggestions

Started by Yuki, March 12, 2015, 09:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuki

This is a crosspost from Omnimaga, check it out!

That's some idea I got, what about a Cards Against Humanity TI community edition? Post your ideas of white cards and black cards below!

If you don't know what it is, check it out here: http://cardsagainsthumanity.com/
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Snektron

White Card: TI OS Routines
And it should be called "Cards agains Calcs" :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Dream of Omnimaga

Interesting. I wonder if this could be adapted into TI/Casio/HP community-related material and perhaps some sites or big events?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

Well, everything about TI/HP/Casio should be accepted, and sites and big events would make for good white cards.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

Snektron

Now if someone were to make an online cards against calcs   game that would be fun :p

Dream of Omnimaga

By the way, for which platform would this game be?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Snektron

Dream of Omnimaga

MLP has nothing to do with calcs, though :P

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

I fail to see where it could be funny, CAH implies a lot of mean things or plain dastardly deeds. Calculators are a pretty normal thing, nah?
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Yuki

Quote from: Eiyeron on March 13, 2015, 07:46:07 PM
I fail to see where it could be funny, CAH implies a lot of mean things or plain dastardly deeds. Calculators are a pretty normal thing, nah?
That's what you think...
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Eiyeron on March 13, 2015, 07:46:07 PM

There could be references to past funny TI community events, be it from websites or from TI themselves. For example Hays Games, WFRNG/Quadratic Solver references, recurring community themes or catchphrases. We do not have to be exactly like the original game either, so we could get rid of the whole community politics thing or only restrict it to Nikkybot-esque material or events that most people laugh at nowadays or have been parodied.

It can still be made fun if done right.

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Okay, there have been misunderstanding about my two earlier posts, sorry. I'm going to precise what I wanted to say

I like CAH. It's a game treating about awful subjects but in a fun way. Seeing calc themed cards seems funny but I haven't found any combos that would have been fun. That's why I said that I didn't got the point. And yeah, I would like to see an example.

Yuki

Since the last 5 years I've been around, there's quite a lot of awful and sad stuff that happened in this community, like the events leading to the founding of TI-Planet, anything Nikky or his bot said, anyone Omnimaga banned, etc... Now here's your chance to laugh at it, I guess. And say some quite awful stuff, probably?
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN