Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[ti-basic]Lazer I: bringing attention to an old game.

Started by c4ooo, August 15, 2015, 12:39:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Regarding level making, you have to understand that if there is no user-friendly and non-tedious way (per other people's standards) to create them, then it's possible that no one will bother making any. Most people have a life, school and other activities that limits their free time to a minimum.

It's up to you to require people to make levels that way, though. I'm just warning based on what I've seen in the past.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

alexgt

I remember when I saw this on Ti-Calc and played it then I made a lazer sim myself but a RAM clear quickly deleted it <_<

Could I make a version for the prime in the future?
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

c4ooo

Hmm hmm.. Thanks all for the feedback/ support!  :D I will officially release lazer 1.1 and lazer 2.1 on September the first!
@DJ Omnimaga , thanks, the bug was an easy fix  ;) I see what you are saying, and I will repeat, I will eventually make a level editor, just not for lazer 1.
@alexgt hmm, so are you the "Wolfgang Ruthford" person in ticalc?  (-_(//)); (idk if I am using that smily correctly lol). I guess you can make an hp prime version, after all, I never came up with the idea in the first place, but got it from some guy named Jeremiah Macdonald ;)

Dream of Omnimaga

Good luck finishing the game. I can't wait :)

And an HP Prime port would definitively be cool. :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

alexgt

Nope I am still alexgt on ticalc and the only thing that I released there was Jarvis 1.0 Basic.

Thanks for the permission to make a Prime version, I will probably start when I have Nagoji 20x15 under way more (20x15 was changed from 320x240)
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Unicorn

Maybe you should finish sifs and mineprime first. :P
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

c4ooo

I have worked (through several minor ram clears :D ) to update the game :D The new features include:

v1.1:
+New key mappings (forgot to mention in README)
+Optimization
+5 levels
+New Menus
+Lazer now moves one tile (9pxls) at a time.
+lazer 2 advert :P

Thanks you for the support, download here: http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/459/45934.html
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Thank you for the support and stuff  :love:
Here are some images from the new update:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Dream of Omnimaga

Nice update. The graphics looks quite cool for such game.:)

c4ooo

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on September 08, 2015, 01:55:21 AM
Nice update. The graphics looks quite cool for such game.:)
Thankyou dj. Unfortunately ticalc.org is still pending the file, so only the older version can be downloaded :(

c4ooo

Well, it seems as i has been a month since the last post here... so yea... i made a youtube vidio for this:

Dream of Omnimaga

Ok I'll check later. You should avoid using the Youtube tag since it doesn't work well with the site in https mode. Instead, just paste the https video URL and it will display like with the tags.

I really need to try this game in the near future. I was just too tired lately . x.x