Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Them's Fightin' Herds

Started by Yuki, September 24, 2015, 03:07:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuki

Anyone saw this yet? http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=523129840

It's pretty much your average fighting game, but with quadrupeds. Which is a pretty original idea. Well, if you think it looks like My Little Pony, you're kinda right, it started out as a MLP fangame before they got issues with Hasbro, forcing them to go with an original IP. Probably for the better, otherwise they would have copyright issues, they wouldn't be able to sell their game commercially and they wouldn't have their new IP designed by Lauren Faust herself, creator of Friendship is Magic.

Still, that looks like a good pony game without being pony, and seems it won't be vaporware after all, it's been a while this game was in development, and the C&D from Hasbro definitely didn't helped... or did it?
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

novenary

Wow that looks pretty fun. I instantly thought of MLP when I saw it indeed.

Dream of Omnimaga

That game seems interesting, but yeah after reading the description, I am not surprised that Hashbro sent a DMCA to them at least once. They're very picky about their intellectual property and fan games.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U