Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[TI-83+/84+] Hero Core

Started by Keoni29, November 22, 2014, 11:15:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keoni29

In order to make TIMID music work I have to do 2 things:
1. Make interrupts not corrupt ram.
2. Write a midi → my file format converter.
If you like my work, why not give me an internet?

Dream of Omnimaga

Do you think you would be able to support music that doesn't require external hardware by the way (even if quickly alternating between notes to mimic multi-channel like in some c64 songs)? The thing is that other big sites will be more likely to feature it if it pushes the hardware to its limits without external assistance. Also more people would be able to use that feature.

TIMID support would be nice, though, for those who are willing to build the extra equipment for the resulting enhanced music.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Keoni29

Can't do. It would make the game sluggish and unplayable.

Dream of Omnimaga

What about making such feature only work on 15 MHz models?

Also I think this was the 1000th post O.O
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

That could be a bad move for the guys who only have 83... By the way, what's TIMID?
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Keoni29

I could try that. I will ask calc84 if I can use his music engine from steins gate 8bit.

TIMID is a sound device that hooks up to the linkport of a calculator. It's basically an arduino with a SID soundchip emulator on it.

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Oooh, I want one! Is there a tracker TIMID compatible or something in the looks? Actually that was one of the things I thought when figuring how the game including HBE could be done, a link port including a little soundchip which would read sound stream from a SD card.

Keoni29

There was one in the works, but I am not actively working on it. I might pick that up again when I finish Hero Core (or if the Midi converter does not work out I'll have to make the tracker to create the music for Hero Core)

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

If I had the skills in electronics I'd be more than happy to help you, alas... :/

novenary

Well the tracker isn't a hardware issue. :P You just need to write an Axe GUI. :)

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Graphical User Interface? WHere do I sign? Could I have a prototype to test the thing with?

Keoni29

Quote from: Streetwalrus on December 01, 2014, 06:18:01 PM
Well the tracker isn't a hardware issue. :P You just need to write an Axe GUI. :)
I have written a barebones tracker interface as well as the spi communication protocol for communicating with the chip. I don't remember how much of it works already tho.
If anyone wants to continue working on that I would highly appreciate :)

Quote from: Eiyeron on December 01, 2014, 06:21:20 PM
Graphical User Interface? WHere do I sign? Could I have a prototype to test the thing with?
I don't have any spares, but this will work on any arduino based on the ATmega168 or 328 chip, so you can get yourself one of those to test it with.

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Do you have a site where I could get them cheaper than on the official site without cutting off the quality?

novenary

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

And whitout going by eBay? (I'm bit confident about this site... We had bad experiences in the family)