Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Thanksgiving and Black Friday

Started by alexgt, November 10, 2015, 10:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexgt

This is a topic where you can share funny stories about Thanksgiving and black friday.

also with the disappearance of my Prime as of late I am going to look for some deals on calcs for black friday (yes I realize that there are not going to be many good deals on calcs if any at all (I am dubious also))

Thanks for the laughs   8)
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Dream of Omnimaga

I wish Target didn't screw up their Canadian expansion and didn't end up closing every Canadian store last April. They had by far the best Black Friday sale of all around here (although the ones who had the $50 off + 1 extra game on the XBone were good). Sears usually does Black Friday through the entire weekend and as a result the deals aren't as interesting.

I'm gonna keep an eye on video game deals at Microplay, EB Games and also music at HMV, though. The problem is Black Friday isn't as big in Canada since our Thanksgiving is in October. Boxing Day usually is more crowded, but stores opens at 1 PM.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

alexgt

Yeah in America a few weeks ago in the news some guy already started camping out in front of a department store xD get a life people :P

Dream of Omnimaga

Wait what? O.O Isn't Black Friday in 2 weeks? Seriously if you really want to be sure to get something, just arrive an hour or two before the store opens and if you fail then be it. Besides, sometimes people just buy stuff they don't really need anyway.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

alexgt

I have no Idea all I know is he has allot of time to waist when he would be making more than we will save for black friday (he is probably trying for the world record xD)

Dream of Omnimaga

Besides, even if he had to camp for 2 weeks in front of the store to get a particular item, wouldn't he have risks of getting his stuff stolen while he went a few streets away to buy food?

alexgt

I have no idea, he is probably just a hobo just wanting a excuse to squat somewhere xD

*Plot twist :P

Snektron

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on November 10, 2015, 11:12:53 PM
Besides, sometimes people just buy stuff they don't really need anyway.

That's the big idea, "massive" discounts so peopl will buy their stuff they don't even need anyway
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

alexgt

Yup, never go to black friday deals if you don't know what you want and what is/ is not a good deal otherwise it is really easy to get ripped off <_<

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah you now bring up or make me think of another issue (depending of what you meant by your post): Often, during Black Friday and Boxing Day sales, they'll price everything else at regular price or only 5-10% off, because they know that most customers will buy other junk while taking advantage of the big deal, so in the end, some people will spend $200 on a 50 inch TV at 50% off the original price, plus $300 on other items at full price. And those fully-priced items will be on sale just a week after New Year.

Unicorn

I wonder how much a monitor might be...
I'm looking around for one of those usb portable ones.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

Araidia

My family bought a 32 inch flat screen tv for $200 dollars and we still haven't taken it out of the box...
I think that was 1 or 2 black Fridays ago ;D
  • Calculators owned: TI84+ CE

Also Known as: Soul | Enguard

Ivoah

I'm going to my cousin's not-yet-adopted-but-hopefully-will-be-soon son's 1st birthday party on black friday :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-86 (now broken), TI SR-56, TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-84+ SE, TI-84+ SE, TI-85, TI-73 Explorer VS, ViewScreen, TI-84+ CSE, TI-83+ SE

alexgt

Quote from: Ivoah on November 18, 2015, 02:29:33 PM
I'm going to my cousin's not-yet-adopted-but-hopefully-will-be-soon son's 1st birthday party on black friday :)
Cool, I wonder how many people will not show up because of shopping <_< :P