Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Some Songs I'm Working On

Started by catastropher, July 11, 2015, 04:35:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catastropher

Hey, here are some songs songs I'm working on! The first one is called "Desert Side-Scroller) and, as the name suggests, is meant to kind of have an 80's video game side-scroller feel. I still have a lot of work to do on it, but lemme know what you think so far! :D Here's the link (hosted on my google drive because I don't have a soundcloud yet :P): https://goo.gl/kMGDVN

The second one is called "Starblazer" and was inspired by me playing this game called "Xonotic" a while back. Here's the link: https://goo.gl/uhO6o9 This one also needs a lot of work and I'm not entirely sure where to go with it from here. I haven't played the game in a while, so maybe I need to play it again to get more inspiration? :P

Thanks for any comments and feedback!
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-83+ SE, TI-84+ SE, TI-Nspire CX, TI-92+, TI-89 Titanium
Creator of X3D, a 3D portal rendering game engine for Nspire, 68k, and PC

Dream of Omnimaga

Ooh I like that first song. It reminds me of chiptune music at times, mostly MSX, then it becomes more modern with some Sega Megadrive style bass. It truly sounds like something that would fit very well in a space game intro.

The second one seems like movie music at first then JRPG style and it sounds quite good. Glad you posted them on Code :walrii:

• Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

catastropher

Thank you so much! :D I've been composing for a while, but I'm completely self-taught and have been too shy to really post any of my stuff. Thank you for the encouragement and the kind words! :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-83+ SE, TI-84+ SE, TI-Nspire CX, TI-92+, TI-89 Titanium
Creator of X3D, a 3D portal rendering game engine for Nspire, 68k, and PC

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah I mostly made songs by hear at first and it was hard. I eventually made my own stuff but it often missed parts or any proper structure early on. My first song that didn't use pre-made melodies was https://djomnimaga.bandcamp.com/track/apocalypse (although many people liked it for some reasons, probably due to the fact it would fit well in Stepmania or FFR)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U