Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Walrii fanart [walrus][sprites][pixel art][sprite sheet]

Started by Keoni29, November 22, 2014, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

That walrus zergling is awesome. :D

Now do a baneling :D
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dream of Omnimaga

• Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

semiprocoder

Is it going to be a port of your Wal-Rush game?
In any case looks nice!
  • Calculators owned: ti nspire, ti 84 plus se
My cemetech username is awesommee333.

kegwaan

I just noticed that the mine looks a bit like a black hole  O.O
Speaking of the mines, will there ever be a blowing up animation? Maybe not on the Atari because of its limitations, but if you haven't stopped working on the original it would be cool to see the walrii get blown up.
Well, that made me sound like a psycho. But you get what I mean.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+ SE, TI-84+ CSE
"If it's stupid and it works, it's not stupid."

JWinslow23

Quote from: semiprocoder on January 25, 2016, 08:36:59 PM
In any case looks nice!
Why, yes it is. Look at the linked thread for updates!
Quote from: kegwaan on January 25, 2016, 09:29:46 PM
Speaking of the mines, will there ever be a blowing up animation? Maybe not on the Atari because of its limitations, but if you haven't stopped working on the original it would be cool to see the walrii get blown up.
Well, a 16x16 definitely-spikey-ball is hard to scale to Atari graphics :P
As for a "blowing-up" animation, I'm sure it's possible (Atari is the grandfather of things that go BOOM in video games :P ), but I suppose "Mine" is a misnomer for that obstacle. It's the same obstacle from the CW opening video. I never knew what happened if you hit it, but what I plan to do is just have him bounce back, and flip over, and fall down. Then Game Over.

SiphonicSugar

Quote from: JWinslow23 on January 25, 2016, 09:38:20 PM
In any case looks nice!
As for a "blowing-up" animation, I'm sure it's possible (Atari is the grandfather of things that go BOOM in video games :P ), but I suppose "Mine" is a misnomer for that obstacle. It's the same obstacle from the CW opening video. I never knew what happened if you hit it, but what I plan to do is just have him bounce back, and flip over, and fall down. Then Game Over.
Wait, isn't the Atari like the father of like most things in video games?
  • Calculators owned: TI-89, TI-84 Plus, TI-92, TI-84 Plus C SE, and TI-Nspire CAS with Touchpad
I'm just trying to grab some inspiration. :P

JWinslow23

Quote from: SiphonicSugar on January 25, 2016, 09:53:46 PM
In any case looks nice!
Well, yes, but do you know how many things in Atari 2600 games go BOOM? Everything is an event! Explosions are no exception! BOOOOOM!!!!!!

SiphonicSugar

Quote from: JWinslow23 on January 25, 2016, 09:54:54 PM
Quote from: SiphonicSugar on January 25, 2016, 09:53:46 PM
In any case looks nice!
Well, yes, but do you know how many things in Atari 2600 games go BOOM? Everything is an event! Explosions are no exception! BOOOOOM!!!!!!
Yeah, I guess... Every sound in it is like a boom!
  • Calculators owned: TI-89, TI-84 Plus, TI-92, TI-84 Plus C SE, and TI-Nspire CAS with Touchpad
I'm just trying to grab some inspiration. :P

Dream of Omnimaga

Actually, some Atari games have stuff other than explosion sounds. For example, Pitfall II, Donkey Kong VCS, Indiana Jones, Princess Rescue, Zippy the Porcupine, Custer's Revenge (adult game) and Chetiry all got actual music.

Also lol SiphonicSugar at your Walrii sugar cube avatar :P

Dudeman313

• Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

Nothing stops you from making one ;)

alexgt

@DJ Omnimaga how do you make flying walriis/ tigerflashing walriis that run on the floor appear ?
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Dream of Omnimaga

Dudeman313

Where can I get the original :walrii: as a png to work with?
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."