Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Superstar Hero [Arcade][RPG Maker 2003]

Started by Yuki, February 22, 2017, 10:03:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuki

• Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

p2

Fullscreen is a 404
aaand idk why but I can't get the focus for keyboard controls on the game... :/

Edit: forget it, I'm (sadly) using windows10:
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on June 25, 2015, 06:09:17 AM
This game will probably not work on Windows 8 or higher. I believe this game doesn't have the font problem that the other game had, but I remember that some Windows XP and Vista users had troubles running it.
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

Yuki

Most of the issues have been solved and should work on every operating system that supports a modern browser, thanks to the EasyRPG project. DJ's remarks on the original thread about getting the game running only refers to the .exe download. And, as usual, there's always this problem the iframe can't get control of the keyboard, so either you click like a madman on the iframe while it loads or you can click on the lost focus link I added and it should work.

The same remarks applies to the other RPG Maker 2003 games in the Arcade.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

Dream of Omnimaga

Wow, I didn't know EasyRPG supported web-based play O.O. Awesome addition juju, although it's a little weird to have a JRPG as part of an arcade, especially one that was never finished :P (there's nothing to do after the first mini-boss)

There are also some issues but I assume it's due to web conversion, emulation and my old PC:
-At the start of the game during the intro, there is a massive amount of lag when sound effects are playing
-Massive amount of lag (2 seconds) when certain events are loaded (eg the earthquake with the plateau that collapses at the end of the intro)
-Some animations are missing (earthquakes, the wave effect when the hero powers up)
-The font is different but at least it isn't screwed up like the PC version

Other than that, nice to see those old RM games playable online. :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

Yeah, EasyRPG is more or less beta-software and those issues are kind of expected from a 0.x software, but it still runs surprisingly good. I had the idea after you posted a video of the intro in your music threads, I was like, yeah I should try out this EasyRPG thing I found a while ago because why not, then I saw there was a web version, then I was like, why not? The installation is also real simple, dumping the game folder with the provided emscripten-compiled files, encode the wavs to ogg so it takes less space (didn't bothered with mp3s because they're already compressed), running some script so it's easier for the JS to detect the files, solve the damned iframe problem again and there you go, it's working almost flawlessly. Well, way better than nothing.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah I was surprised at how good it ran, especially on the web. Hopefully its development continues.

Maybe I should try to continue Superstar Hero at some point, but with only my music (most likely the original tracks of my own, along with the unused ROL0 remake OST). I mostly stopped it because I felt the gameplay wasn't satisfying me enough, but I think it can do the job since it's somewhat original.

Also @Juju have you considered putting Supersonic Ball in the arcade?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on February 23, 2017, 05:14:42 AM
Yeah I was surprised at how good it ran, especially on the web. Hopefully its development continues.

Maybe I should try to continue Superstar Hero at some point, but with only my music (most likely the original tracks of my own, along with the unused ROL0 remake OST). I mostly stopped it because I felt the gameplay wasn't satisfying me enough, but I think it can do the job since it's somewhat original.
I like the idea behind this game and I hope you make more of that.
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on February 23, 2017, 05:14:42 AM
Also @Juju have you considered putting Supersonic Ball in the arcade?
This one is a bit more problematic and all the web players I saw have a bunch of issues, I should look at that one of these times.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Dream of Omnimaga

Sorry to hear about SSBall D:. Good luck, though.

Also is there a way to add mobile controls for the web RM2k3 player?

p2

erm dj? yould you maybe try not calling it like that...? :ninja: It's got a pretty negative touch for someone from Germany... <_<
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)

Yuki

You mean this guy? I do agree it's kinda negative, although from context it's still a bit evident we're talking about Supersonic Ball.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah sorry lol, I said SSBall because when I say SSB people confuse it with Super Smash Bros <_<

I didn't intend to mean anything bad 

p2

SS Bros is even worse >.<

and I know u didnt dj, just wanted to mention it BEFORE ssBall would become an official name on the site :)

Dream of Omnimaga

Well the official name has always been Supersonic Ball anyway :P

Dream of Omnimaga

@Juju by the way, does EasyRPG support the keyboard input event command? Because this game uses the number keys from 1 to 5 for items.

Yuki

I have no idea, I think it should.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN