Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

New member introductions: Say hello here!

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, November 20, 2014, 02:27:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unicorn

• Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Haha that's awesome Juju. Did you make it or did MintyRoot make it? It looks similar to his Built in the 80's vid. This should be used to welcome members :P

EDIT !welcome

!welcome
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

Oh, just took a generator like everyone else on Twitter. Seems to be popular right now.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh I see. We might want to check if it gets overused on the internet over time, though. :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

lazydogP

Hi! I've visited this forum as a guest for once and it's really convenient to registry with Github!

Anyway I use my TI-Nspire CX CAS most and often write some Lua scripts for it. Hope to find some wonderful techniques and learn more here.
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS(used most often), Casio fx-9860GII SD, TI-Nspire CAS with Touchpad, Casio fx-991CN X, Casio fx-82MS, HP 39GS(rarely used)
Need to buy more calculators.
Busy with study but trying to come here every day.

Unicorn

Welcome, lazydog! If you have any questions, make a topic, and I'm sure plenty of us will be happy to help!

!welcome

• Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Heya and welcome to the forums. I hope you like it here. Feel free to make a topic if you have any questions or want to showcase your creations. :3=

gameblabla

Quoteto registry with Github!
Hmm... is LazyDog chinese ?
I mean, he seems to enjoy Vocaloid but without being japanese.
If so, this means...

if (tibet == BELONGS_TO_TIBET)
{
free(tibet);
}
  • Calculators owned: None (used to own an Nspire and TI-89)

Dream of Omnimaga

Wait, how did you jump to the conclusion that he enjoys Vocaloid without knowing him? O.O

gameblabla

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on October 09, 2016, 05:17:09 AM
Wait, how did you jump to the conclusion that he enjoys Vocaloid without knowing him? O.O
He made this apparently (still empty though) :
https://github.com/lazydogP/EditMySong_framework
  • Calculators owned: None (used to own an Nspire and TI-89)

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh ok. Just so you know, @gameblabla , just because someone likes Vocaloid doesn't automatically means he's Chinese or Japanese. @Juju, for example, is an avid Vocaloid fan (especially Miku). He also loves French Vocaloid songs, even though we can't even understand what they sing. <.<

Yuki

The email they signed up with does look like Chinese, though. But yeah, I have Miku everywhere on my desk and I sometimes try to make her sing in French and it often completely fails.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

Dream of Omnimaga

The issue with French is that since Vocaloid sound quality is very poor (the amount of treble in particular is minimal) and was not designed for French, even if your song vocals have no accent, it's still hard to decipher.

Yuki

Most Vocaloid are designed for Japanese or English, and even then it needs a good effort so it won't sound weird. Some people did managed to make them sound good in another language, though.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

lazydogP

Yes. I'm Chinese. And I think it doesn't matter which country one comes from in CodeWalrus.
But...
Quote from: gameblabla on October 09, 2016, 05:16:05 AM

if (tibet == BELONGS_TO_TIBET)
{
free(tibet);
}

Okay I have heard about arguments in PicoDrive. In my opinion, it's a complex problem and it can't be judged by individuals. So just wait and see what will happen next.
But wait, shouldn't we talk about something useful rather than the sensitive topic?

Oh I'm a Vocaloid fan too, though I use UTAU more in recent time. Also Vocaloid has Spanish voicebanks now and before this it was also active in Spanish group.
As for 'EditMySong', it's a project I almost give up I haven't got enough time to make it due to lots of messy things.
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS(used most often), Casio fx-9860GII SD, TI-Nspire CAS with Touchpad, Casio fx-991CN X, Casio fx-82MS, HP 39GS(rarely used)
Need to buy more calculators.
Busy with study but trying to come here every day.