Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

New member introductions: Say hello here!

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, November 20, 2014, 02:27:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Leiter

Araidia

• Calculators owned: TI84+ CE

Also Known as: Soul | Enguard

Max Leiter

Quote from: Araidia on October 15, 2015, 01:36:24 AM
Quote from: Max Leiter on October 15, 2015, 01:34:33 AM
A fellow highschool student! o/
Did you take the PSAT?
The new one, yeah. Wasn't as bad as I expected, except had to skip a few too many math problems (did pretty well on the english afaik).

Araidia

Quote from: Max Leiter on October 15, 2015, 01:38:16 AM
Did you take the PSAT?
The new one, yeah. Wasn't as bad as I expected, except had to skip a few too many math problems (did pretty well on the english afaik).
What was the old one like?

Max Leiter

Quote from: Araidia on October 15, 2015, 02:01:07 AM
Did you take the PSAT?

Not too sure, but it had an essay and more questions. The new one is meant to be easier but equally as effective

Araidia

Quote from: Max Leiter on October 15, 2015, 02:18:58 AM
Quote from: Araidia on October 15, 2015, 02:01:07 AM
Did you take the PSAT?
What a time to be alive as a freshmen

Not too sure, but it had an essay and more questions. The new one is meant to be easier but equally as effective

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: garvalf on October 14, 2015, 09:47:22 PM
hello,

I make chiptune music, pixel art, so I thought this forum might be of interest for me. I want also to participate to the 1-bit contest with HT2 ;)

I like also interactive fiction games, old computers such as ZX Spectrum or Atari ST...
Heya Garvalf and welcome here. I am interested in hearing your chiptune music. Do you have a link? :) Also glad to see another vintage computer lover here. :)
Quote from: Araidia on October 15, 2015, 01:34:06 AM
I guess I'm a bit late one this, but I'll still make one nonetheless:

Heyo,

I am currently a highschool student who just stumbled upon CW when I was searching for a calculator game. This site wasn't even blocked by my school, which probably explains how I'm on 24/7. I am trying to learn TI BASIC when I have the spare time.

I enjoy computer games, Nationstates, and Clash of Clans.

Welcome to the forums as well. I'm glad that you enjoy your stay so far. Good luck with TI-BASIC learning and feel free to make a topic if you ever need help. :)

Also I hope this site won't get blocked at schools too early. It's gonna happen at one point, like other sites, but I hope it's not soon >.<
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

utz

Hello @garvalf @Araidia and @everybody else I didn't say hi to yet, welcome aboard!
  • Calculators owned: TI-82, TI-83, TI-83+, TI-85, TI-86, TI-92+, Sharp PC-1403

garvalf

Hi DJ Omnimaga, Utz and others ;)

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on October 15, 2015, 02:56:52 AM
Heya Garvalf and welcome here. I am interested in hearing your chiptune music. Do you have a link? :)

there are some of them at:

https://soundcloud.com/garvalf/sets/garvalf-music

There is a more complete list there: http://garvalf.online.fr/

Sometimes it doesn't sound much "chiptune", but at least it's made with vintage chips...  (-_(//));

• Calculators owned: TI-83+ fr, TI-82
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: c64, zx spectrum, atari st, sega megadrive, sega master system, nintendo NES, gameboy...

Unicorn

Welcome @garvalf and @Araidia ! I hope you enjoy you stay!

Araidia, if you have any questions about ti basic, as you said you wanted to try, feel free to make a topic, btw.  I know you may have some questions.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Cool Garvalf, you should make a new topic in the music section with your songs. Be sure to update us when you release new ones too. I haven't made many chiptune songs but I did 3 so far, none of which were finished (the last one is still in the works, though):

https://soundcloud.com/djomnimaga/ht2oneaxeintro3

The first two were made using Pocket Music for the Game Boy Color and the last one was made using Houstontracker for the TI-82/Stats/83/83+/84+/SE. The last two are also covers of songs I released before (they are not chiptunes, but they were still made using outdated hardware (PSOne, using Music 2000/MTVMG).

https://djomnimaga.bandcamp.com/track/its-the-end-of-agony
https://djomnimaga.bandcamp.com/track/one-axe-to-save-us-all-2

EDIT: On a side note, there used to be a Music 2000/Pocket Music/MTVMG/Digital Hitz Factory forum from 2007 to 2012.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

calcplays

Hello everyone. I have played games for my TI-89 Titanium since I acquired it in 2013, but this my first time actually engaging with the TI (HP, art, whatever) community.

I am a junior in highschool who does things. I have never programmed a game for a calculator, but I have some experience with Python and (through a still-ongoing AP CS class) Java.

Max Leiter

Quote from: calcplays on October 17, 2015, 04:16:24 AM
Hello everyone. I have played games for my TI-89 Titanium since I acquired it in 2013, but this my first time actually engaging with the TI (HP, art, whatever) community.

I am a junior in highschool who does things. I have never programmed a game for a calculator, but I have some experience with Python and (through a still-ongoing AP CS class) Java.

o/ fellow highschooler (except I'm a sophomore). Any plans to try programming a TI-game or something sometime?

Dream of Omnimaga

Heya and welcome here. I actually saw your videos on Youtube, but didn't have much time to watch them all. Are they intended to be like console game longplays but for calculators?

I hope that you enjoy your stay here. I'M also glad to see a TI-89 game user since they are rare nowadays. If you ever want to learn programming, feel free to ask questions in the other sub-forums. :3=

merthsoft

Hi. I imagine most of you know me. I'm posting in this thread so that I can post external links :)