Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

New member introductions: Say hello here!

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, November 20, 2014, 02:27:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Heya and welcome to Code :walrii: forums. I hope you enjoy your stay. :) and yes the community is still alive. What calculators do you have by the way?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

princetonlion.tibd

Hello and welcome :)
EDIT:Changed wording so it wasn't the same as DJs :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84 + CSE, Voyager 200, TI-Nspire
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)

Snektron

Quote from: iso on August 22, 2015, 02:56:42 PM
New here, long time graphing calculator enthusiast. Reading the calculator manual helped me ace my math classes in high school and I've passed on my knowledge to other calculator geeks in my family. It's really great to see how much has changed and that the community is still thriving.
Hello there! Welcome to the forums :) Also me, brentmaas and thecoder are the only ones on probably our school who know the true potetial of calculators
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

c4ooo

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on August 23, 2015, 09:01:44 PM
Hello there! Welcome to the forums :) Also me, brentmaas and thecoder are the only ones on probably our school who know the true potetial of calculators
Haha lol I had those times.
Classmate: "hdydhfggsi how the hell did you get it to play sound?!?! hdhdhdjrgia  :crazy:"
Me: "well I just attached two cables via some shloopy homemade converter and spent about five minutes writing code. The hardest part was adjusting frequency table couse the sound routine  is a bit off :P "

Snektron

"Why did you take your calc with you to Paris?" (We were in Paris with school)
"In case i need to play emergency rickroll" *starts rickroll on calculator*

That reminds me, still have to put NoShell on my calc.

princetonlion.tibd

I took my calc on my trip to Asia and didn't use it :/
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)

Dream of Omnimaga

I would probably not use my calc much during a trip either, except during traveling if it's allowed. When I go out I often don't have the time to check my phone out (or at least internet) so I doubt I would have much time to use my calc :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

alexgt

New here, long time graphing calculator enthusiast. Reading the calculator manual helped me ace my math classes in high school and I've passed on my knowledge to other calculator geeks in my family. It's really great to see how much has changed and that the community is still thriving.
Glad you made an account :)

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on August 22, 2015, 06:50:29 PM
Heya and welcome to Code :walrii: forums. I hope you enjoy your stay. :) and yes the community is still alive. What calculators do you have by the way?
Iso has a Ti-84 SE

He also showed me about calcs and started me on the track to coding ;)
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh nice you know each others? Since he has been into calcs for years, I wonder if he got to visit TI-Files, Epic Programming Studios, United-TI and stuff? :P

alexgt

Yeah, we are related :). I don't think he went anywhere but ticalc.org but I am glad he did or I wouldn't be into calcs :)
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Dream of Omnimaga

Ticalc did not have a single program available for download when I first visited it (due to the CD fiasco, which I didn't pay attention to, at the time), so if I wasn't aware of other sites at the time, then maybe I would have thought that there isn't a community about calcs

princetonlion.tibd

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on August 24, 2015, 01:33:00 PM
I would probably not use my calc much during a trip either, except during traveling if it's allowed. When I go out I often don't have the time to check my phone out (or at least internet) so I doubt I would have much time to use my calc :P
It's just that my parents are annoyed that I took the V200

Unicorn

Welcome to the land of :walrii: Code, of topic'ness, and other things, iso!

and interesting the you helped alexgt on his coding track.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: princetonlion.tibd on August 25, 2015, 01:54:34 AM

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on August 24, 2015, 01:33:00 PM
It's just that my parents are annoyed that I took the V200
Oh... then it might be because of how large it is <_<. Seriously, has anyone else on this forum ever seen a TI-92 or Voyage 200? Those calculators are HUGE! O.O

Snektron