Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

New member introductions: Say hello here!

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, November 20, 2014, 02:27:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snektron

If thats true then thats one of the worst reasons to stop warranty xD
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Unicorn

Someone told me that doing it voids the warranty for the CSE, so its probably the same fo the Nspire.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Are you sure it's really the case, though? You should check in the TI-84+CSE manual on TI website to see if it mentions anything about it. Considering the CSE supports ASM and thus, is at risks of crashes, voiding the warranty on battery pull would be by far the dumbest move ever from TI. Sometimes, maybe the reset button on the back of the calc won't be enough to get out of a bad crash. And what if the battery has gone bad?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

I think if that happens they expect you to take them up on the warranty.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Jonius7

Hello I'm Jonius7.
I come from Omnimaga, I will copy paste the first part of my story from there:

I first arrived on the calculator scene in 2008 when i received my cousin's CASIO CFX-9850GB+. I soon wanted some games but there was no link cable. In the end i found many games on UCF and CasioKingdom and managed to type them in (opened the .cat file in word and then printed it out for me to type) I even typed out the whole Star Wars game (at least 18000 bytes) by Sean Tan but i changed it to save memory! I also took a basic game, Indy2000 and changed into a cool featured pack game with highscores and stuff. Anyway, in 2010 my new school required a TI-nspire and so i moved into the TI-nspire programming scene. I soon realised that the programming capability of the nspire was much lacking than the 9850, I couldn't make games such as pacman. Oh well, I finally made a game on 15 August 2010, Jason's TI-nspire's Hold 'em available for download on ticalc.org. Upcoming games include Battle of 16s and Cosmic Legions, both strategy games.

Noobiness from 2010 aside, after that I continued programming in TI-nspire BASIC, and then TI-nspire Lua, though admittedly, I haven't released anything exactly big on Lua. Been relatively inactive on calculator forums, since around 2013, though there is a secret Lua project that I started in July 2013, and come back to work on it every few months or so. I probably won't reveal it until I am satisfied with functionality though.

Other than that, I am busy with uni (double degree in IT/Science), and have greatly expanded my knowledge of many different programming languages in the past 2 years from uni subjects (Python, Java, C, C#, ASP.NET, HTML, CSS, Javascript, PHP, JSP, SQL...).
Whether I can apply this to my interest of calculator programming remains to be seen.

I also spent a lot of time on video games in the past, you will find me playing League of Legends nowadays.
  • Calculators owned: Casio CFX-9850, TI-Nspire
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: HTC One, Huawei Honor 10
My Released Projects (Updated 2015/05/08)
TI-nspire BASIC TI-nspire Hold 'em Health Bar Scissors Paper Rock
TI-nspire Lua Numstrat TI-nspire Hold 'em Lua Transport Chooser Secret Project (at v0.08.2 - 2015/05/08)

Unicorn

Welcome to the land of :walrii: and awesome Jonius7!

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

princetonlion.tibd

• Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84 + CSE, Voyager 200, TI-Nspire
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)

Yuki

Hey, welcome, nice to see you here ^_^
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

Heya Jonius, nice to see you around. :D I hope you stick around even if you don't code as much. Quite a lot of people here like retro gaming and some play guitar or make music too :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

alexgt

• Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Unicorn

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Snektron

Hello jonius ^^ Also you can show stuff here with all those programming languages, so don't worry :P
Also i am quite curious, i'd expect uni to also teach some ASM? (im going to do computerscience in 2 years)

Dream of Omnimaga

I thought that universities mostly taught stuff like C since ASM isn't used as much nowadays?

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

I had to learn a few MIPS asm for school work and in school lessons.
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Snektron

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 12, 2015, 04:19:18 AM
I thought that universities mostly taught stuff like C since ASM isn't used as much nowadays?
Well i think ASM is entirely different from languages nowadays and be good to learn some basics. I don't mean as a language to make stuff in, but more to get to know the inner workings of a processor and/or programming languages. Bytecodes are ASM too and if you learn to design a programming language you'd need to know what to compile to, right? :P