Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Hell Inside - A Pseudo-Demo by pimathbrainiac

Started by pimathbrainiac, January 19, 2015, 04:31:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pimathbrainiac

So I wrote a song (with lyrics and everything)! My voice sucks, but this counts as my "demo" of sorts. Also potato quality audio because I had to compress the video to upload to youtube.

What do you think?
Well, I'm bach here too!

Dream of Omnimaga

I like it so far. :D  If you practice a lot I think you could eventually sing some pretty good songs. It's in tune all the time. There are parts that might sound better one octave higher but I am unsure if it's necessarily a good idea to push one's voice that hard especially at first. Also you're quite good at piano :D It must be pretty hard to not mess up too much when playing and signing an entire song in one sitting (as in, not signing 8 second chunks at a time then mashing them up in audacity)

Is it much harder to sign and play at once than only do one at a time? In a lot of bands, the signer doesn't play any instruments.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

pimathbrainiac

Thanks! It is a lot harder to sing and play than to just sing, but with just chords while singing, it's a lot easier than one would think.
Well, I'm bach here too!

CKH4

I really like it but I think that occasionally you attempt to fit too many lyrics into a chord and your voice gets too quiet to hear. I really like the sound of the song.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+