Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Your plans for 2016 (calc, non-calc programming, music, drawing, etc)

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, January 15, 2015, 05:09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

princetonlion.tibd

• Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84 + CSE, Voyager 200, TI-Nspire
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)

alexgt

Yup, unless I am going to play airsoft! then I jump right outa bed :P
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

princetonlion.tibd

I wish I played airsoft :P

My friend has a Kar98k for that, and I wish I had one too :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84 + CSE, Voyager 200, TI-Nspire
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)

alexgt

Airsoft is pretty fun and some starter stuff isn't that expensive.

Scipi

Recently I've been looking into Unreal Engine 4 and soon I'll be taking a dive into 3DS Max. Fun times. :D
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, Nspire, Nspire CX, Casio Prizm

alexgt

Quote from: Scipi on December 19, 2015, 09:30:16 PM
Recently I've been looking into Unreal Engine 4 and soon I'll be taking a dive into 3DS Max. Fun times. :D
Nice ;)

Dream of Omnimaga

You should share some of your creations and projects on CW @Scipi :D

As for myself my activity has been lower lately due to holiday rush at work and will probably remain this way for at least a week since I need more sleep in the process. <.<
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U
Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)

Snektron

I tried it too but i had to install VS and shaders are via blueprints :/. If i ever want to do something enginy again i'll probably go with unity since you can at least write HLSL shaders.
I'd rather have GLSL though >.<
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Scipi

Actually, you can use HLSL shaders in UE4. You can't write your own GLSL ones though, UE4 automatically converts HLSL ones for you.

I've tried a bit of Unity, but I find UEs blueprint system to be rather powerful for rapid prototyping. That, and I just like C++ :p

Snektron

• Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Scipi on December 20, 2015, 05:39:51 PM
Actually, you can use HLSL shaders in UE4. You can't write your own GLSL ones though, UE4 automatically converts HLSL ones for you.

I've tried a bit of Unity, but I find UEs blueprint system to be rather powerful for rapid prototyping. That, and I just like C++ :p
Can you use 2D sprites in Unreal Engine? Because the contest would require you to use one of the :walrii: sprites (although you could also use Walrii sprite in the HUD, menu, title and use a 3D model of Walrii in the game if your entire game is 3D.

Also, would UE4 run on old computers? I have a graphics card from around 2011-2012 and my computer dates back in late 2009 (Intel Core i7 1st gen with 8 GB of RAM)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Scipi

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on December 20, 2015, 07:13:20 PM
Can you use 2D sprites in Unreal Engine? Because the contest would require you to use one of the :walrii: sprites (although you could also use Walrii sprite in the HUD, menu, title and use a 3D model of Walrii in the game if your entire game is 3D.

Also, would UE4 run on old computers? I have a graphics card from around 2011-2012 and my computer dates back in late 2009 (Intel Core i7 1st gen with 8 GB of RAM)

Yes and yes. UE4 has a 2D system called Paper2D, which I'll be using. I don't know enough about 3D to try it yet. :P UE4 also has scalable graphics modes for older model PC's.

Dream of Omnimaga

That is cool. Can it do lower resolution games too, such as SNES style? Anyway let us know about progress @Scipi :) (unlike your previous projects :P)

Also I should change the title of this topic to 2016. :P

Max Leiter

Unicorn

Welp, my plans for 2016: Finish Walrus Adventure, port Caterite attack to CE, maybe port some other games as well, once xLIBC is done.

Hopefully by summer WalrusAdventure will be done.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???