Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Train of Thought

Started by Dudeman313, February 23, 2016, 03:11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman313

Have you ever stopped to think about the way you think about things? If you have, then you've noticed how crooked the rails your train of thought travels on can be. Take the way you remember things.

Not too long ago,  at about 9:50 PM(Eastern Time Zone), I cut my finger open while trying to wash our smoker. When I did this, I put the nearest thing to me that caked on the cut: Baking soda. I know this probably isn't the best thing for a bleeding wound, but it was close by. :P  So afterwards, I went to our wooden cart to get the Hydrogen Peroxide we had bought for our plants(we had a gnat infestation). They were all sealed. The seal reminded me of how annoying it was to take them off of medicine when it didn't have those easy-peel tabs. Then I remembered how I hadn't completely ripped off the seal on our Vitamin C tablet jar. My mind went to how we used to get gummy Vitamin samples at Costco, then to how I had once opened a container of Vitamin C without my mother's permission. I finally came back to how I hadn't taken a Vitamin C tablet yet today.
I would say that I thought of all this in about 7 seconds,

Random, right? When you have a stray thought, post it here. :D
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

aetios

Not sure btw if this should go in safe haven.
ceci n'est pas une signature

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah I agree, shouldn't this go in the off-topic or the randomness section?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dudeman313

I'm bad at this...
:(
Move it or delete it. I don't care.
Also, can you delete the "What do you sound like?" topic? I have decided that it's just plain creepy, and will end up clogging the site with attachments.
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

I think both topics are fine. After all, Xeda112358 made a similar topic on Omni a few years ago. But there was a site somewhere where we could submit recordings, so you don't need to upload them on the CW server.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dudeman313

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on February 25, 2016, 12:51:58 AM
I think both topics are fine. After all, Xeda112358 made a similar topic on Omni a few years ago. But there was a site somewhere where we could submit recordings, so you don't need to upload them on the CW server.
What's the site?
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Dudeman313 on February 27, 2016, 03:14:13 AM
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on February 25, 2016, 12:51:58 AM
What's the site?
http://vocaroo.com

Scipi

So I decided to record something small, since I just had a really interesting conversation today and wanted to get some thoughts down. More to come in the future if I can manage to get my thoughts in order.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10573921/RecordedRants/Takers-Leavers.ogg

• Calculators owned: TI-83+, Nspire, Nspire CX, Casio Prizm