You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here. | New CodeWalrus | Old (dark mode) | Old (light) | Discord server

Anime

Previous topic - Next topic

b/Media Talk publicado por u/aetios November 19, 2014, 11:49:00 PM
talk about anime here

-insert anime talk-
Inicia sesión o crea una cuenta para dejar un comentario
u/novenary November 20, 2014, 01:24:16 AM
Yup. You guys should definitely get an account on http://anilist.co, it's worth it and then we can share our lists.

This is mine : http://anilist.co/animelist/33134/Streetwalrus
And aeTIos's : http://anilist.co/animelist/29639/aeTIos
u/Dream of Omnimaga November 20, 2014, 01:37:55 AM
I had a list of anime on another anime website like that one except I forgot the URL. >.< ANyway, in my case I was mostly into MCoG (the Mysterious Cities of Gold), although I don't know if Season 2 and higher count as anime, since they were not co-produced with Japan, unlike season 1.

EDIT: Oh right it was Anime Planet that I used. Here is my list http://www.anime-planet.com/users/DJOmnimaga/anime
Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 01:45:32 AM by DJ Omnimaga
u/novenary November 20, 2014, 10:24:06 AM
Hmmm MCoG is good, I watched all of it with my sister when we were younger.

I think I should add a lot of Miyazaki movies to my list. I'm a huge fan and I have to (re)watch some of his masterpieces.
u/Dream of Omnimaga November 20, 2014, 02:13:57 PM
Glad you liked MCoG too. Some people hate it because it lacks much action and it's too much exploring for their tastes, but it depends of people. I like the season 2 too although Kokapelt voice is friggin annoying in that version and the season is much shorter (26 episodes instead of 39), plus some graphics like the great condors don't look as polished since the conversion to CGI.
u/novenary November 21, 2014, 09:31:06 PM
Hmmm I didn't watch season 2 yet. I should probably watch it though.
u/Dream of Omnimaga November 22, 2014, 12:01:39 AM
By the way Season 2 picks up a few months after where season 1 left of. The reason why some people hate it is because they did not reuse the original voices and people generally prefer originals to newer stuff and it's next to impossible to do as good as in the original. The issue, though, is how the hell do you keep the same voices if season 2 was created 30 years later? I mean, are all the voice actors still even alive?
u/novenary November 22, 2014, 09:09:25 PM
Well at least the people who voice acted the kids, but their voices changed. :P
u/Dream of Omnimaga November 22, 2014, 11:16:28 PM
That said, I heard that one kid voice actor is still the same. I should check if that's true. O.O
u/Duke "Tape" Eiyeron November 25, 2014, 09:56:17 AM
I went last week by Code Geass's first seasons. I have mixed reactions from friends about the last part so I'm waiting for some confirmations. Yet I tumbled by SAO and it looks pretty nice. I should watch it from start.
u/novenary November 26, 2014, 01:18:55 PM
Yes SAO is very good, it's definitely a must watch. :)
Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 07:00:05 PM by aeTIos
u/Duke "Tape" Eiyeron November 26, 2014, 03:42:43 PM
* Eiyeron is marking SAO in his watch wishlist.

Do you have any other suggestions?
u/novenary November 26, 2014, 04:20:33 PM
Look at my list. Pretty much all of the shows I'm currently watching are really awesome (you may or may not like the shoujo stuff though :P), same for stuff I completed.
u/Duke "Tape" Eiyeron November 26, 2014, 04:24:23 PM
I'll have a look so. And yes, let's avoid shoujo, that's not my style at all!,^^
u/novenary November 26, 2014, 05:02:39 PM
Also notice how aeTIos and I are watching the same shows. :P
Start a Discussion

b/Media Talk

Movies, novels, comics (web, book, animated), manga, TV shows...

Topics
Explore Board
Website statistics

MyCalcs | Ticalc.org | Cemetech | Omnimaga | TI-Basic Developer | MaxCoderz | TI-Story | Casiocalc.org | Casiopeia | The Museum of HP Calculators | HPCalc.org | CnCalc.org | Music 2000 Community | TI Education | Casio Education | HP Calcs | NumWorks | SwissMicros | Sharp Calculators