Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Post your game purchases and collection!

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, November 24, 2014, 07:50:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snektron

You could ram into other peoples spacecraft and explode them :trollface:
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Unicorn

Then save them and make them pay for fuel.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

princetonlion.tibd

All I really play is World of Tanks and some Minecraft when The Internet lags, and I've tried Heros and Generals (which sadly is pay to win)
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84 + CSE, Voyager 200, TI-Nspire
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)

Ivoah

I just got "thomas was alone" for $4.99 on sale, it's fun :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-86 (now broken), TI SR-56, TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-84+ SE, TI-84+ SE, TI-85, TI-73 Explorer VS, ViewScreen, TI-84+ CSE, TI-83+ SE

Snektron

Quote from: princetonlion.tibd on June 16, 2015, 11:53:46 PM
All I really play is World of Tanks and some Minecraft when The Internet lags, and I've tried Heros and Generals (which sadly is pay to win)

I played H&G for a while too, but its just not really fun  to play :/. I mean who came with the idea to let low level players play with/against high level players? -__-

CKH4

Quote from: Ivoah on June 17, 2015, 05:28:34 AM
I remember seeing this. What was it about exactly?
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

Dream of Omnimaga

I just got the following: Donkey Kong Land and Daedalian Opus for Game Boy.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Ivoah

Quote from: CKH4 on June 17, 2015, 11:40:55 AM
Quote from: Ivoah on June 17, 2015, 05:28:34 AM
I remember seeing this. What was it about exactly?

It's about a group of AI rectangles escaping. It's a platformer game with some puzzle elements, and has a good story.
  • Calculators owned: TI-86 (now broken), TI SR-56, TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-84+ SE, TI-84+ SE, TI-85, TI-73 Explorer VS, ViewScreen, TI-84+ CSE, TI-83+ SE

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

I'll be able to see this week-end if my Jap FF6 works on my PAL SNES with that adapter! :D
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Dream of Omnimaga

It's incredible how cheap Japanese SNES games can be by the way. Over here, some US games that are $150 are like $30 in Japanese. Many retro gamers here just break the pins inside their North American SNES consoles to allow Super Famicom carts to fit then buy Japanese versions of games like Mega Man (Rockman) to save money while still being able to understand the game overall. We were lucky over here since Japanese games are also NTSC and thus, works on our systems.

Mega Man X3 is like $245 just for the cartridge, yet Rockman X3 is $45. To be honest, though, I try whenever possible to stick with North American versions to keep my collection consistent.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

CKH4

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on June 21, 2015, 02:59:23 AM
It's incredible how cheap Japanese SNES games can be by the way. Over here, some US games that are $150 are like $30 in Japanese. Many retro gamers here just break the pins inside their North American SNES consoles to allow Super Famicom carts to fit then buy Japanese versions of games like Mega Man (Rockman) to save money while still being able to understand the game overall. We were lucky over here since Japanese games are also NTSC and thus, works on our systems.

Mega Man X3 is like $245 just for the cartridge, yet Rockman X3 is $45. To be honest, though, I try whenever possible to stick with North American versions to keep my collection consistent.
IMO the Japanese versions are only worth something if you know what they are saying, but I don't collect so I wouldn't know.

Also I recently got orbital gear which is pretty nice from what I've seen so far so hopefully I'll get some playing time in the coming weeks :).
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

Unicorn

Its the moment of truth - will I get AoE?
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Snektron

Why not right? Quickly, before the steam sales are over O.O

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: CKH4 on June 21, 2015, 03:23:17 AM
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on June 21, 2015, 02:59:23 AM

IMO the Japanese versions are only worth something if you know what they are saying, but I don't collect so I wouldn't know.

Also I recently got orbital gear which is pretty nice from what I've seen so far so hopefully I'll get some playing time in the coming weeks :).
Well the thing is that with certain games, you don't necessarily need to know what they say if you already know the story and that the story is explained at the start. Example: Super Mario World and Super Metroid. Most platformers or fighting games barely have any in-game text, so it doesn't matter much if they are in Japanese or English.

Quote from: Unicorn on June 21, 2015, 07:10:56 AM
Its the moment of truth - will I get AoE?
Does that version of AoE have online play?

Also, I just got Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan and Etrian Odyssey: Untold for the 3DS. THey used to be $40 used, but I got them for $25 and $30 each. I was trying to find a copy of Kid Icarus: Uprising but stores didn't have it in stock and it's like $80 New on Ebay now >.<

aetios

I bought Super R-Type and Pokémon Silver + Super GB last week. R-Type is hard, Pokémon isn't.
ceci n'est pas une signature