Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Funny/awesome Youtube videos

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, January 30, 2015, 04:44:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

I l'OL-ed earlier when I saw this. But for some reasons the video lagged out for 1 minute just when the thing was about to come out :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

novenary

Hahaha must have made for quite some suspense. XD

Dream of Omnimaga

It did, although I saw it coming to a certain extent. I thought it would be that or something gore-intensive
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dream of Omnimaga

JWinslow23

Being a cuber, I recognized most of these effects immediately after I saw them, but these are still pretty freaking impressive. I'm actually working right now on exactly recreating each of them for my own purposes. The "millisecond solve" is my favorite, and was the first one I noticed how it was done :) .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJ03AQRqhFg

I'm not telling. ;)

Yuki

I do suspect he's mixing his cube to a known state that looks like it's been mixed so he can "solve" it in one quick move. He's not trying super hard to hide this IMO, probably won't fool Penn and Teller alone, but it's still pretty impressive. The true magic move here is when he mixes the cube to be in the same state as the one Teller has been holding all along.

Oh, also this one is probably the best thing ever. Remember that batc insane court transcript from Georgia from a month ago? Justin Roiland, the creator of popular show Rick and Morty, took it and animated and voiced it with his characters, and it fits them too well. (Also NSFW language, I'll warn you now)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXB988kF3hI

[spoiler=season 2 of Rick and Morty]I can easily imagine that it's what happened during the season finale.[/spoiler]
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

JWinslow23

That was funny as hell.

Oh, and Teller actually chose Penn's mixed up cube at first, leaving Steven's on the table for the rest of the act. After the failed "solve in hands" trick, he then proceeded to use Penn's cube (or another third cube, the footage doesn't make that entirely clear) for the rest of the act, and I suspect that, since it was Steven's cube, and he knew how it was, he simply used his cube to match it up with a pattern.

I'm not sure how he would have managed it if Teller chose Steven's for that failed "solve in hands" trick. Perhaps he would have just said for Teller to set the cube down and picked up the other one nonchalantly.

Dream of Omnimaga

So this is how they predicted how hockey on TV would look and sound like in the near future back in the early 90's:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmB_hlcEvrA

It's in French but you might get the idea. In general, "une présentation de <advertisement>" stands for "sponsored by <advertisement>". Thank god that hockey did not become like this O.O (although I think we're headed towards ads on NHL jerseys, since everyone else is doing it in Europe). It's better if you understand French, though, because all ads have something to do with the hockey commentary. :P

Dream of Omnimaga

Wait what? O.O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7NxL4II_vI

Apparently no one was injured, thankfully. Kinda funny that the car wash company made an ad with that video, though. I bet that was in Russia. :P

Yuki

From the makers of Hello Kitty, here's eggs with depression. Yeah.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

Dream of Omnimaga

Guys, when you go shopping, avoid putting more than 1350 lbs of items in your shopping cart at once. :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQWXcvAhs74

EDIT: @JWinslow23 should do more vines of this kind of stuff:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcYyG6YZngE

Unicorn

• Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???