Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Your plans for 2016 (calc, non-calc programming, music, drawing, etc)

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, January 15, 2015, 05:09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

So on this particularly quiet day (and to a lesser extent week),  I was wondering what were your plans for 2015 when it comes to projects, life and other duties? I know that many people disappeared after holidays due to school or mostly became lurkers in the community, but maybe some have projects to showcase soon, plan to learn ASM, C, etc.

Here I go:
Calcs
-Super Walrii Land
-Possible small 84+ RPG
-(UPDATED Feb 13th) Mana Force Color Remake
-Resume work on Supersonic Ball Prime

Non-calcs
-Happy hardcorr music album
-If SMF 2.1 reaches RC state, work on SMF 2.1 theme for CW
-Revive ROL0 remake (RM2K3)
-Get new Codewalrus staff and elite coders

Life
-I'll be busy this weekend as my landlord is gonna do renovations at my home, meaning lots of stuff to move around then cleanup afterward.

What about you? (Hoping nobody is done with CodeWalrus *.*)

• Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

aetios

ceci n'est pas une signature

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Calc
-Super Hexagon Casio
-HBE
-FiXOS

Non-Calc
- Found a way to live away close to next year school.
- Get healthier.
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Snektron

Calc:
- better grapher
- Pc Control (with cmd)
- had some ideas for my sadows axiom

Non-Calc:
- I'll have to learn proper c/c++ at some point
- WalriiConnect: better ti-84+ linking since both ti-connect and tilp fail
- probably some more i can't remember
- spending lots of time on CW
- Getting an ARA

Life:
- What's a life?
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Yuki

Welp, seems I already have a few projects for 2015.

Calcs
- Do something with them?

Non-calc
- Maintain CodeWalrus like a boss
- WalrusIRC (an alternate OmnomIRC client! Coming soon on CodeWalrus and GitHub!)
- Ask Yuki the Snow Pony: The Visual Novel
- Pick up a few projects I abandoned in 2014 or earlier but I'll go with those ones first, then I'll see

Life
- Try to have one
- Watch more anime
- Do my homework?
- Pick up piano and guitar again

That's pretty much it.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Keoni29

Calcs:
- Waste everyone's time in class with base-converters on my TI84+ CSE

Non-Calc:
- Write a graphics demo for an old computer or the visicom.
- Write more flow-diagrams before coding. (saves so much time debugging)

Life:
- Play more keyboard. Maybe get a proper keyboard.
- Play more video games.
If you like my work, why not give me an internet?

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: aeTIos on January 15, 2015, 05:10:36 PM
Life: wanna learn to play guitar.
I know that webcams and mics won't give good sound, but Streetwalrus just got a guitar now. If he manages to learn before you, maybe he could practice with you on Hangouts? And eventually you could maybe record song tracks separately to create music collabs. :)

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on January 15, 2015, 10:00:29 PM
- WalriiConnect: better ti-84+ linking since both ti-connect and tilp fail
[...]
- Getting an ARA
Just because those two softwares fail for you doesn't mean they are inferior. I think that Lionel Debroux would rather see you submit a bug report describing your issue to the official TiLP Github repo so he can maybe help you or fix the issue that could be causing it if it's not on your end.

Also what's an ARA?

Quote from: Keoni29 on January 15, 2015, 10:54:20 PM
Calcs:
- Waste everyone's time in class with base-converters on my TI84+ CSE
No Herocore progress in 2015?? O.O
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on January 16, 2015, 12:50:41 AM
Also what's an ARA?
uwot

You have missed something *.*

http://www.projectara.com/
It's a modular smartphone coming out in a few months and it is amazing *.*
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Dream of Omnimaga

Ah, I have a smartphone already (Nexus 5) so since I don't need another one (and can't afford one anyway) I don't really pay attention to what other smartphones are being announced. 

JosJuice

I would like to do something in C for the Prizm sometime, which requires me to know the language... and luckily, I got started with C++ in 2014 by doing some development on Dolphin, so C shouldn't be too far off! I'm not sure if I will be able to be focused enough to actually start and finish a project, and what I'm thinking of might be a bit too ambitious, but I'd like to at least program something. My Prizm has mostly been sitting doing nothing since 2011 :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+ SE, Casio fx-CG10

Dream of Omnimaga

I thought you did learn it in 2011 ? O.O anyway glad you're still into calcs :)

What type of program would you like to write?

JosJuice

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on January 16, 2015, 08:54:08 PM
I thought you did learn it in 2011 ? O.O
Nah, I don't think I learned any languages at all around that time.
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on January 16, 2015, 08:54:08 PM
What type of program would you like to write?
Hmm... I have one or two ideas, but I'd like to keep them a secret for now! I want to start programming a bit before I announce anything so I know that it isn't infeasible. Deciding to program something but then never really accomplishing anything hasn't been an uncommon thing for me, but I seem to have gotten better with it the last few years.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+ SE, Casio fx-CG10

Dream of Omnimaga

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Quote from: JosJuice on January 16, 2015, 08:12:16 PM
I would like to do something in C for the Prizm sometime, which requires me to know the language... and luckily, I got started with C++ in 2014 by doing some development on Dolphin, so C shouldn't be too far off! I'm not sure if I will be able to be focused enough to actually start and finish a project, and what I'm thinking of might be a bit too ambitious, but I'd like to at least program something. My Prizm has mostly been sitting doing nothing since 2011 :P

You can do C++ on Prizm. With Prizm SDK g++ is already compiled so you can program with delicious objects! ^^
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Dream of Omnimaga

Also, if you happen to know Lua, you can use LuaZM as well, but IIRC it's incomplete. If you know C or C++ then those languages are definitively more ideal. You can always ask Eiyeron for help or Kerm on Cemetech and they'll be happy to help. :)