Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

S.I.F.S. Super Intelligent Friend System [HP Prime][HP PPL]

Started by alexgt, May 17, 2015, 05:33:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: alexgt on May 24, 2015, 02:09:56 AM
I am using the z80 font with custom font support :)
Yeah I just received a cease and desist letter from TI as a result O.O

Just kidding, I like the custom font idea :D
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

• Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

CKH4

Can you own something monochrome of such low resolution? That would seem unfair because if you randomly generated the letter A at that low resolution you'd end up with TIs version because there are only like 16 possible As.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

Dream of Omnimaga

I doubt it, but TI is so stupid that I wouldn't be surprised if they tried suing people for using similar fonts in the past (eg Casio). They would be guaranteed to lose. There was an April Fools joke in 2010 that involved such scenario: http://www.omnimaga.org/news/ti-sends-dmca-takedown-notice-to-omnimaga-for-key-font-usage/

That April Fools prank was in response to the DMCA takedown notices sent about the public RSA keys in late 2009.

That said, I kinda prefer the NES style fonts to TI's, to be honest. :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

alexgt

Got the fonts working :). there are two modes. DrawString(Str,Fsize,X,Y,G) and DrawStrDelay(Str,Fsize,X,Y,Delay,G). the latter one draws the string with specified delay between letters to make it look cooler :).
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Dream of Omnimaga

You should post a picture or screenshot of how they look like :)

alexgt

I have the GUI up and I am working on the menus, i will be done with that soon. After I finish the menus I will post a screen shot. After that I will make the program editor and then I will release a download :).

Dream of Omnimaga

Will the editor be able to load/save/edit HP PPL code?

alexgt

Yup O.O!!! There is a var called "Programs" located at "Vars" -> "System" -> "Programs". This can make a new one, give you the names of all the programs in a list, store a program's source into a string,  and store a string to the programs source code! you can also do this with notes to. There are also vars to get the date, time, and even set the auto off for the calc! The one thing that I don't know how to run the programs within the App/Program so there might be some struggle with getting the shell part working :(.

Hope this helped with any programs that this is useful for :)

Unicorn

Awesome! Will there be a screenshot in the future?
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: alexgt on May 27, 2015, 11:33:47 PM
Yup O.O!!! There is a var called "Programs" located at "Vars" -> "System" -> "Programs". This can make a new one, give you the names of all the programs in a list, store a program's source into a string,  and store a string to the programs source code! you can also do this with notes to. There are also vars to get the date, time, and even set the auto off for the calc! The one thing that I don't know how to run the programs within the App/Program so there might be some struggle with getting the shell part working :(.

Hope this helped with any programs that this is useful for :)
Wow, and to think in TI-BASIC we can't even come anywhere close to even editing one line of code inside a program. Heck, we can't even detect if a list exist O.O

That now makes me wonder if it would be cool if someone made a TI-83+ BASIC compiler for the HP Prime where the editor would work with tokens and perhaps even allow you to set the resolution or fonts to the ones used on the 83+. It would not support everything but it would at least support the most common basic I/O and CTRL commands.

Back on topic, I wish you good luck on running programs from the shell. Maybe you could make a new topic asking how to?

Snektron

Wouldn't you get like copyright claims and such from TI though? <_<.

You know what we should do? Make a CodeWalrus language and port it to various devices/calculators. That'd be awesome

Unicorn

And very slow for the CSE. :( Maybe an easy language that compiles into an ASM program?
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Snektron

Yeah or something that compiles to a bytecode, and that can be compiled to asm.

Unicorn

Something along thoose lines :P
Anyways, alex, have you made any good progress?

??? ??? ??? ??? ???