Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Xbox One / Live Gamertags

Started by 123outerme, May 22, 2016, 09:34:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

123outerme

I'm getting an Xbox One for my birthday (I'm asking for my friends to get me GameStop gift cards - yes I'll get some strange looks at the counter when I show up with a McDonald's toy's worth of plastic), and the party is in less than a week. Before you tell me to get a PS4, let me just say that I'm only getting a One to play with my friends, since most of my friends who play multiplayer games have a One (although some have a PS4 too). I'm mostly gonna be playing Destiny with my friends.

My gamertag is ThePolicelee. I've already made my account, so you can add me if you want. Just message me telling me who you are.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+CSE, TI-nspire Clickpad, TI-84+SE

Dream of Omnimaga

Yay! I hope you have fun with it. About the PS4 I would say if anyone has the money, then get both :), plus the Wii U, but I think the One and PS4 have both their advantages, so I'm glad you're getting a One. I myself have one and my gamertag there is currently Omnimaga.

I personally don't have Destiny, though. I currently have Halo Master Chief Collection, Halo 5, Forza 5, WWE 2K15, Final Fantasy Type-0, Sunset Overdrive, Minecraft and a few others, but I don't play very often (I usually get discouraged at the installing wait lol). I also got a bunch of Xbox 360 games but I forgot which ones are compatible.

EDIT: If you have Xbox Live Gold, then make sure to check out every week or so if you have free Xbox One gold games to download. Every few week Microsoft offers free games to subscribers and you can still play them later.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

123outerme

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 22, 2016, 10:28:02 PM
Yay! I hope you have fun with it. About the PS4 I would say if anyone has the money, then get both :), plus the Wii U, but I think the One and PS4 have both their advantages, so I'm glad you're getting a One. I myself have one and my gamertag there is currently Omnimaga.

I personally don't have Destiny, though. I currently have Halo Master Chief Collection, Halo 5, Forza 5, WWE 2K15, Final Fantasy Type-0, Sunset Overdrive, Minecraft and a few others, but I don't play very often (I usually get discouraged at the installing wait lol). I also got a bunch of Xbox 360 games but I forgot which ones are compatible.

EDIT: If you have Xbox Live Gold, then make sure to check out every week or so if you have free Xbox One gold games to download. Every few week Microsoft offers free games to subscribers and you can still play them later.
Thanks! I added you back. Also I recently learned that you get a free month of Gold for making an account, so if you haven't used that up yet, you still might be able to.

Dream of Omnimaga

Yay! Hopefully we eventually some games we both have. By the way, Rare Replay is a compilation of old Rareware NES, SNES, arcade and N64 games that were not bought by Microsoft (so there won't be any Donkey Kong games in there), but I think the games supports online multiplayer. Playing some NES/SNES games together would be cool too :)

Also good to hear about the free month of Gold. Also  next month The Crew and Goat Simulator will be free for a while.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

123outerme

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 25, 2016, 02:56:07 AM
Yay! Hopefully we eventually some games we both have. By the way, Rare Replay is a compilation of old Rareware NES, SNES, arcade and N64 games that were not bought by Microsoft (so there won't be any Donkey Kong games in there), but I think the games supports online multiplayer. Playing some NES/SNES games together would be cool too :)

Also good to hear about the free month of Gold. Also  next month The Crew and Goat Simulator will be free for a while.
That's cool! I'll have to check Rare Replay out. And thanks for the heads up on the free games.

Ivoah

I just remembered that I have an Xbox live name, it's IvoahWasMyName, because just Ivoah was taken :( I had to make it for windows 10 evilness
  • Calculators owned: TI-86 (now broken), TI SR-56, TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-84+ SE, TI-84+ SE, TI-85, TI-73 Explorer VS, ViewScreen, TI-84+ CSE, TI-83+ SE

Dream of Omnimaga

Do you also have an Xbox right now?

Dudeman313

I don't know about @Ivoah , but I sure don't. <_<

My Xbox live name is Dudeman313, because it wasn't taken. :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

Ivoah

• Calculators owned: TI-86 (now broken), TI SR-56, TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-84+ SE, TI-84+ SE, TI-85, TI-73 Explorer VS, ViewScreen, TI-84+ CSE, TI-83+ SE

Dream of Omnimaga

Aw, too bad. I got the 360 and One. However, my 360 had issues reading discs (takes about 3 tries before it reads them). I never had any luck with 360's because all the ones I touch seems to fail within just a few months or use or have many problems.

Dudeman313

• Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

But then shipping is very expensive, especially for an item this large. And I don't want to risk spending another $70-120 on another 360 only to see it break a few months later. At least I don't seem to have issues with the Xbox One, though, and I never had issues with the original Xbox either.

So far, the consoles I had the most issues with after just a few months of use even when the games/console are clean were the PS2 (disc or memory card reading problems), the 360 (disc reading + RRoD + non-detectable wifi gamepads), the PSP (battery draining itself even when turned off and not in standby) and to a lesser extent the PSOne (games freezing every now and then, although in most cases opening then closing the CD door fixed it).