Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

pimath's music topic

Started by pimathbrainiac, July 31, 2015, 06:47:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pimathbrainiac

So I'm putting all my stuff from now on in one topic.

https://soundcloud.com/pimathbrainiac/illusions-of-grandeur-wip
https://soundcloud.com/pimathbrainiac/illusions-of-grandeur-rev-2
A more fleshed out version of "An Unquiet Mind," which I posted in its own topic earlier. Still not done.
Well, I'm bach here too!

Dream of Omnimaga

Good idea. Make sure to add all your recent creations to the first post too as you release them, though. Also I'll listen soon. The Unquiet Mind was quite great :D
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

pimathbrainiac

Well, I'm bach here too!

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh nice, I liked that song. :D

I think the only real issue at this point is that the drums are not loud enough compared to the rest of the instruments, because everything else seems balanced pretty well.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

pimathbrainiac

Well, I made a few things since August.
Mainly A percussion piece (which will be performed in May by one of the groups I perform with)
And a rock piece
I also did some debauchery of timeless jazz
original:

Feedback welcome and appreciated!
Well, I'm bach here too!

c4ooo

Nice music :D
I sould try to make my own sometime :P Also, why does that one post have -2 karma ??? At first i thought it was a rickroll, but the linked page sounds nice :)

pimathbrainiac

That would be because that was my last post before the incident in August. Understandable.
Well, I'm bach here too!

c4ooo

Ohh. Seems a bit unfair. IMHO, the karma tracker is for tracking karma of posts, and sould not fall to bias based on the user <_<

pimathbrainiac

It's fine since it was down voted in August. I don't mind, since I deserved it somewhere.
Well, I'm bach here too!

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: c4ooo on January 27, 2016, 02:57:17 AM
Ohh. Seems a bit unfair. IMHO, the karma tracker is for tracking karma of posts, and sould not fall to bias based on the user <_<
I think the downvotes were for the site incident, not the post itself nor the user. Not that I encourage using the voting system in that manner since downvoting is called "Flag as abusive" for a reason (to downvote posts you think that are out of line), but since it was one of his last post before the ban (none of which were about the incident), people just used that way to downvote the incident. I should perhaps enable "reasons for voting", but I am not fond of the idea of forcing people to give a reason why they give thumbs ups/likes to a post.

Anyway on the topic if your music, I didn't have time to listen to your most recent stuff but I still listen to Resonance Mallets and The Unquiet Mind regularly (although the latter is more because it always appears randomly in my Soundcloud when I listen to music there. BUt I let it play since I enjoy it)

I also just discovered Crossing Field Mallets, which I like. I'll listen to your newer song later.

pimathbrainiac

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on January 27, 2016, 05:49:33 AM
Anyway on the topic if your music, I didn't have time to listen to your most recent stuff but I still listen to Resonance Mallets and The Unquiet Mind regularly (although the latter is more because it always appears randomly in my Soundcloud when I listen to music there. BUt I let it play since I enjoy it)

I also just discovered Crossing Field Mallets, which I like. I'll listen to your newer song later.

Thanks for the listens! Resonance and Crossing Field are both arrangements (but I think you already knew that) that I'm personally very happy with how they turned out. I actually have some stuff I need to do with Illusions/Unquiet to finish it, since the end is a bit half-baked. I need to upload another thing I did to soundcloud, now that I think about it. I wrote a short lyrical band piece that I haven't shared yet called "Night." I'll post a link once I upload.

EDIT: here it is!
Well, I'm bach here too!

novenary

I removed these downvotes since they were obviously abusive. There is another unlogged one which I should probably remove as well. Please don't use the voting system this way, downvoting should be based on quality rather than opinion.

I'll check your stuff out later today (listening to Dream Theater right now :P).

pimathbrainiac

bump! I'm still looking for feedback on these pieces, particularly the rock one, since I think it's my first in that genre for a while.
Well, I'm bach here too!

c4ooo

Quote from: pimathbrainiac on January 30, 2016, 12:04:32 AM
bump! I'm still looking for feedback on these pieces, particularly the rock one, since I think it's my first in that genre for a while.
Not hard/heavy enough :trollface:
Well, if i where you, i would remove the synthetic chorus 'ahh's and make the outro less sudden ;)
But yea, not my style of 'rock' :P

Dream of Omnimaga

I wouldn't say that Night is rock if that's what you are refering to, since there's no guitar in it. But I like how it sounds like so far :)